Was very impressed by the SS tonight

KoTToN

Ok so I was out at a party like 45min-1 hour away tonight and it started raining, lightning, pouring, thunder you name it and I wasnt very happy to drive that on the freeway home. My other truck had Parnellie Jones dirt grips which had traction in everything BUT rain so I was a little worried. I get on the freeway and can barely see cuz its coming down so hard andafter about 5 mins of driving im like This freaking rocks! :cheers: This AWD and wide tires handles the water like it wasnt even there. I was doing about 65-70 all the way home passing cars that were going like 50, even saw a honda spun out on the side of the road. There were a bunch of little pools every so often and I could see when the cars hit em they would brake and kinda jerk and swirve and the truck would go through them like nothing at all, it was actually fun I almost wanted to go back. :driving: Anyway Im done with my story but now I really think GM should make a comercial with the truck kickin ass in the rain instead of going slow down a line of low riders.

hell yea its great in the rain...i like driving in bad weather anyhow...espically when it starts to flood a little...Silverado SS the beauty of all wheel drive...i thought about getting a sticker maid up to say that...the last part :cheers:

I was having some fun the other day in the rain also... ;) I was goofing around, hanging the back end out from stops-to-90*-turns. It was honestly the first time I tried fooling around with the thing when there wasn't any snow on the ground.

On top of being surprised it had the nads to turn them in the rain, it surprised me at how composed and easy to control it was. Even the G80 was flawless.

My last truck was an Z71 Avalanche, and the thing didn't like getting out of line.

I tow a 14' enclosed trailer to all the outdoor races I attend. We get in on saturday and camp and race on sunday. This spring we were parked in a open field on saturday afternoon and it started raining. It rained until the race was over on sunday afternoon. Most of the 4x4 trucks were stuck, and anything that was 2wd was just sol. My buddies (unknowing of the AWD) were laughing as I loaded up and said I was leaving. They thought I was nuts to even try to pull my trailer out of this sloppy mess with a sports truck. It my best "southern dialect" I hollared out "Ya'll Watch This!" and just hammered it, drove right out slinging mud from every tire.

I wish I had a photo, it took about 2 hours with the pressure washer to get all the mud off it and the trailer just so I could wash it.

I love AWD. :driving:

-Chuck

I tow a 14' enclosed trailer to all the outdoor races I attend.  We get in on saturday and camp and race on sunday.  This spring we were parked in a open field on saturday afternoon and it started raining.  It rained until the race was over on sunday afternoon.  Most of the 4x4 trucks were stuck, and anything that was 2wd was just sol.  My buddies (unknowing of the AWD) were laughing as I loaded up and said I was leaving.  They thought I was nuts to even try to pull my trailer out of this sloppy mess with a sports truck.  It my best "southern dialect"  I hollared out "Ya'll Watch This!" and just hammered it, drove right out slinging mud from every tire. 

I wish I had a photo, it took about 2 hours with the pressure washer to get all the mud off it and the trailer just so I could wash it.

I love AWD.  :driving:

-Chuck

:crackup: AWD rules :thumbs:

• 1 month later...

Archived