What Trans Do I have

I recently had my trans start slipping in 4th gear on the highway so it looks like its about time to get some work done with 125,000 miles on the trans. I'm trying to get an idea on how much its going to cost me but I'm unsure what trans I have. I have a 04 Silverado SS AWD. I was told if its a 4l80E it will be $450 to repair the trans and if its a 4l60E then its $500 for the repair, reason for it being more is he puts in a new stronger planetary gear for the lighter duty trans.

Reason why i am asking this question instead of getting under the truck and looking for myself is because I'm in Michigan and my Garage is full of Toys and Its to damn cold on the ground in 0 degree weather to be checking it at the moment. Call me lazy if you wish haha. I did do a search but could only find anything and everything on the conversion.

Thanks ahead of time.

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys if someone did the 80e swap how would you know it? Any numbers or tags or? I purchased my truck used and entend on giving it some track duty so I'd like to know if I need to be watching for a back up 80e after I kill this 65 lol