SRT Jeep

onebadmax

I think I'm about to pick up a 2014 SRT jeep. Anybody have experience with them? Any SRT jeep. This one has 6.4 hemi 470hp. 0-60 in 4.1 secs.... That's barely slower than my Z06 lol. I just don't have any experience with jeep products. I have owned only GM.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There have been some stock WK2 SRT-8 running in the 12's. Other then they suck for gas mileage there baddass trucks in my opinion, I was actually out shopping for a wk1 srt8 like the 2010 model but after thinking over the mpg I couldn't do it lol. The salesman of the lot had a few of them and told us to just be aware that the gas mileage sucked, he said he had one and sold it due to only getting 8 mpg in town. And the second reason was the thought of not knowing how the truck was treated by the previous owner, there sports trucks so its safe to assume most people would hot rod them. I really really liked the trucks and we were looking to trade in my wifes Lexus for one but it wouldn't of been the smartest choice since I was keeping my truck, it wouldn't of stayed stock and I'm sure I woulda ended up getting rid of the SS to keep the jeep for myself. So I ended picking up a pre owned wk2 2012 Jeep with a 5.7 I like but I still want the srt8 model lol

I say get it man, there small inside almost like a car, so if your not hauling around to many people or luggage its good.

No way it's stock. The new srt8 jeep is slower then the previous body style.

I drove one man, I have a 10 sec truck sitting in the driveway, this jeep is way faster than 14.4 it definitely felt like it would click off a mid to high 12 to me. It would absolutely blister my SS.

I just wonder about the durability of it? I mean is the hemi as well built as our LS motors? It has an 8 speed trans as well.

There have been some stock WK2 SRT-8 running in the 12's. Other then they suck for gas mileage there baddass trucks in my opinion, I was actually out shopping for a wk1 srt8 like the 2010 model but after thinking over the mpg I couldn't do it lol. The salesman of the lot had a few of them and told us to just be aware that the gas mileage sucked, he said he had one and sold it due to only getting 8 mpg in town. And the second reason was the thought of not knowing how the truck was treated by the previous owner, there sports trucks so its safe to assume most people would hot rod them. I really really liked the trucks and we were looking to trade in my wifes Lexus for one but it wouldn't of been the smartest choice since I was keeping my truck, it wouldn't of stayed stock and I'm sure I woulda ended up getting rid of the SS to keep the jeep for myself. So I ended picking up a pre owned wk2 2012 Jeep with a 5.7 I like but I still want the srt8 model lol

I say get it man, there small inside almost like a car, so if your not hauling around to many people or luggage its good.

I know man, the thing looks so awesome.

They're sick trucks, if I could afford the new 14 and the fuel for it I'd buy one. There about 500lbs heavier then the old ones. I'm trying to pull the vids of the stock one that turned a 12, I think those new ones have a deal on the gauge where you can time your 0-60 and 1/4 mile times, not saying they'd be accurate but maybe give you an idea. They'd probably run a 13 consistently and given all the right circumstances you could pull a 12 out of it. Check out the srt-8 forums and jeep garage

Been a LONG time since I owned a Chrysler product. but I won't do it again. They are probably better now than they were then, but my bud's 5 year old pickup say's maybe not.

That's what I'm afraid of lol. The dodge trucks running around here seem to fall apart quickly.

I was just checking out the Jeep website. They are asking for some serious coin. Starting MSRP 63,995!!! They are saying 0-60 in 4.8 and running mid 13s in the quarter on their technical data page. This thing even has launch control.

Good looking truck though. They are starting to get that European styling like they put on the Durango.

Edited by BayouSS (see edit history)