When it rains it pours

CJ_978

After finally fixing the Evap crap, the vent valve and the purge valve, CE was finally gone, now today I was driving and it felt like it wasn't shifting, and was dragging out, then CE started flashing then went away, and then I parked, shut it off went grabed lunch, then heading back to work, it was doing it again so I put it almost to the floor to get it moving and it started dieing and bogging shaking a little then slowly died and wouldn't start... But then when I did get it started it was surging and I idleing rough and I can hear a slight ping/ticking noise and when I rev it up it dies got it towed home, put scanner on it and its pulling a P0300 I don't even know where to begin looking

4CB65C1A-134F-4618-894B-4DEDAEB714A6_zps

I checked wires they are good, and I believe cats are original I could be wrong, I have magnaflow from the cat back, but a few days prior I said to my self that my muffler sounds droany, maybe it is the cats?

Take a dead blow hammer and wrap on the cats if it sounds like you have rocks in it then the cats are toast also if you can disconnect the exhaust after the cats see if the exhaust breathes free and see how's the truck is running at that point.

You can always point a temp gun at the cats if you get the truck running and test the cats the hottest one will be the clogged one...good luck Cj.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This is very similar to happen to me in 2012. Had bad wires, went to miss fires,
that caused fuel to dump on the cats, they blew, then a head gasket popped.

Be absolutely sure about your plugs and wires.

CD

Thanks for all the help guys, the truck is an 05, and Jim I did what you said ant tapped the cat and it sounds like there are BB's in there bouncing around drivers side cats, I'll double check all the plugs and wires again and see what happens but from doing some research and from what yous guys have been saying I think it Could be the cats, a few days prier I said to myself and some buddies that I think my muffler is on it's way out because it sounded droany (magnaflow DI DO) and felt I was loosing some power, and now this happened