MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

Hahaha oh great... Well ill be just be persistent until I get what I want. He should have to remake mine anyway... Look at the welds! Miss the hub entirely in 2 spots.

1D508117-B3CA-418D-9525-86B9BADCB8CC_zps

E9D5E06E-FAD9-4B36-BC75-58F78EE52B2B_zps

Not work id expect when you're dealing with the most expensive converters in the industry. :lol:

wow I'm surprised they let that ship out!! That's disgusting work IMO especially what they're asking for them...

Yeah... They probably don't like me very much right now. lol. I wouldn't be surprised if my next converter had a hand grenade in it. I'm stirring up all sorts of crap with jack right now. Lol!

But I mean, they should have this down by now... He's still not 100% sure what he's sending me is what I need.. I've dealt with Precision in the past and they've been phenomenal. If jack is the manager, I think he needs to stay off the sales floor and let his employees do their job. He's just screwing things up and making things more difficult.

Yeah... They probably don't like me very much right now. lol. I wouldn't be surprised if my next converter had a hand grenade in it. I'm stirring up all sorts of crap with jack right now. Lol!

But I mean, they should have this down by now... He's still not 100% sure what he's sending me is what I need.. I've dealt with Precision in the past and they've been phenomenal. If jack is the manager, I think he needs to stay off the sales floor and let his employees do their job. He's just screwing things up and making things more difficult.

That's hilarious...total dejavu, lol He pulled that exact same shit with me too! I gave him the part number for the 6 bolt GM flywheel and then he got it right...fits like a glove! You may want to tell him to just pull my build sheet (Randy Capone) so he is sure to get yours right. Assuming your TCI flywheel is the same specs as GM. Actually, he just shipped mine back today - sent it to him to have it cut and cleaned for the new tranny

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

That's hilarious...total dejavu, lol He pulled that exact same shit with me too! I gave him the part number for the 6 bolt GM flywheel and then he got it right...fits like a glove! You may want to tell him to just pull my build sheet (Randy Capone) so he is sure to get yours right. Assuming your TCI flywheel is the same specs as GM. Actually, he just shipped mine back today - sent it to him to have it cut and cleaned for the new tranny

Haha yeah. I tried this with Justin's. I told him to look up Justin's build. That's exactly what I need, only 2800 Multi 10.5. But he's just gonna wing it. :crackup: I'm sure he'll get it right this time.... I hope. :lol:

Haha yeah. I tried this with Justin's. I told him to look up Justin's build. That's exactly what I need, only 2800 Multi 10.5. But he's just gonna wing it. :crackup: I'm sure he'll get it right this time.... I hope. :lol:

That's what mine is too 10.5" multi as tight as they could make it - mine flash stalls right at 3k on 11 psi. Good luck man, hope he gets it right this time :thumbs:

Im going with the stealth EFI tank setup for the first gen so ill probably get most hard parts through Amotive

Ill have to read through your Camaro build thread and get caught up. I still go back and look at your SSS build thread. Its probably the cleanest build I've ever seen. All that polished aluminum... :drool: I should have bought it when it was for sale. :lol:

Its funny how theres hardly a single picture where someone isn't sneaking a middle finger in somewhere. :lol:

I wish I would have taped off and painted my engine compartment like Brian did before I got too far ahead. Ive got lots of scratches on my firewall from all the time ive had to yank motors. Haha. Probably just go through with touch up paint pen and hide it best I can.

I didn't get a whole lot done last night. Going to send that converter back at lunch so they can send me the new one. Cant wait to get that trans in. Tonight ill finish up my fuel lines. Gotta build lines from the Y block to the rails, then rails to the fuel pressure regulator. Just hope I have enough fuel line left. I ordered more -6, but it looks like a different brand. It would drive me nuts if the lines didn't look the same. So ill just end up using it for trans cooler lines or something..

I hate delays like that with your converter! Crazy they got yours wrong as well, good info to know if I ever need to order one of there converters. That sucks your firewall is so scratched, I've painted a couple of those firewalls, with engine in place and front end removed, it's not ideal but they came out looking good! Keep the updates coming and great work!

Got my FPR mounted behind the blower on the firewall. Only took like 2 hours. Haha. I didn't want it to be crooked or off center. :lol:

07FC6666-488A-4EDB-8DDD-0E1774092A02_zps

Finished the -8 line to the Y block. Need to mount it on the frame and run the dual -6 feeds to the rails. Gotta order more -6, so it'll be a few days before it's done.

E6458CC7-5907-4C74-9BB0-46DBF1283A93_zps

Finished the return line from FPR to tank and got it routed. 3F0C8D74-6DD6-4AA4-A79B-1DE1DE1CBD24_zps

Some more pics... You can see all the ugly firewall scratches that need attention.

1D79C3A7-A2D5-4838-BDE4-03297B29D4C5_zps

1231D35F-C912-4BFB-B2EC-E01EE4EC3212_zps

Think I'm going to tuck the return lines under the injectors like this... Keep it clean. 5C3AE4C2-504D-4AAE-BF60-AC6F7A683A51_zps

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

More progress soon...May be taking a mini vacation to anchorage this weekend. Gonna order up the rest of the stuff I need for my fuel system tonight. That way by next week hopefully I'll be able to finish my fuel system, start on my wiring, and possibly stab the trans! :thumbs: