MID12sSSS TVS2300 370 build

MID12sSSS

You'll get there. Those fuel lab filters are sweet. Just pricey. Iv yet to place my order for line and fittings. It's just hard to accept I'll have $550 in line and fittings :(

Lol! I was the same way. Had that cart saved for a long time. $20 a fitting and $200 or so in lines... Adds up fast. Took me weeks to press the buy button :lol:

And I'm STILL buying fuel parts. Haha. Probably creeping past $1500 in fuel parts.. Oh well. Gotta have it.

Got my FPR mounted behind the blower on the firewall. Only took like 2 hours. Haha. I didn't want it to be crooked or off center. :lol:

07FC6666-488A-4EDB-8DDD-0E1774092A02_zps

Finished the -8 line to the Y block. Need to mount it on the frame and run the dual -6 feeds to the rails. Gotta order more -6, so it'll be a few days before it's done.

E6458CC7-5907-4C74-9BB0-46DBF1283A93_zps

Finished the return line from FPR to tank and got it routed. 3F0C8D74-6DD6-4AA4-A79B-1DE1DE1CBD24_zps

Some more pics... You can see all the ugly firewall scratches that need attention.

1D79C3A7-A2D5-4838-BDE4-03297B29D4C5_zps

1231D35F-C912-4BFB-B2EC-E01EE4EC3212_zps

Think I'm going to tuck the return lines under the injectors like this... Keep it clean. 5C3AE4C2-504D-4AAE-BF60-AC6F7A683A51_zps

SO, I just got off the phone with Lonnie to ask where he got the AN fittings that came with my fuel system because the Russell fittings I bought won't grab onto the Teflon interior wall of the fuel lines he sent me :glare: Anyway, as we were talking, I somehow mentioned that my tech had mounted my regulator to the firewall and he told me that is against NHRA regulations...it has to be mounted a minimum of 6" away from the firewall...plus my tech has already cut the lines :fume:

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

SO, I just got off the phone with Lonnie to ask where he got the AN fittings that came with my fuel system because the Russell fittings I bought won't grab onto the Teflon interior wall of the fuel lines he sent me :glare: Anyway, as we were talking, I somehow mentioned that my tech had mounted my regulator to the firewall and he told me that is against NHRA regulations...it has to be mounted a minimum of 6" away from the firewall...plus my tech has already cut the lines :fume:

:huh:

I've seen countless FPRs mounted on the firewall. That's the perfect place for it. Maybe not right behind the engine like mine.... But :lol:

So where do they want it mounted? On the engine itself so I can expose it to lots of heat??? Weird...

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Well, it looks just like any of the ones you can buy... But I can't help but think it looks like a little flower in my engine bay.....6BCB4D19-D3C0-414E-AEDC-1C156EDD5C98_zps

0E5E83EB-CE63-4120-AB50-D83F49498562_zps

EBFFD19C-4819-4533-B76C-6B94AA535707_zps

54B9C76B-D025-4080-BA26-D950E2F9B34D_zps

Maybe I should get a manly one like this. :cool:

Looks a little less ricer... Idk. What do you guys think?

6B3F3FBC-D4A7-4D44-B08B-2E9F6E9D6661_zps

I think the one you made looks great...keep it!

:huh:
I've seen countless FPRs mounted on the firewall. That's the perfect place for it. Maybe not right behind the engine like mine.... But :lol:
So where do they want it mounted? On the engine itself so I can expose it to lots of heat??? Weird...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...just about every non-pro engine bay I've seen has theirs mounted to the firewall.

If anything, I'll make a bracket to extend it off the firewall a bit.

I asked him where to mount it and he said down by the wheel well :puke:

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

I think the one you made looks great...keep it!

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...just about every non-pro engine bay I've seen has theirs mounted to the firewall.

If anything, I'll make a bracket to extend it off the firewall a bit.

I asked him where to mount it and he said down by the wheel well :puke:

Lol! Yeah. I might have to make a bracket for it if I get any lip at tech inspection.

Lol! Yeah. I might have to make a bracket for it if I get any lip at tech inspection.

Yeah you might have an issue with that firewall mounted setup for tech. Aaron had an issue with his Firebird and tech inspection at the track, he also had the FPR on the firewall. He moved the FPR to the inner fender now. If you ran your truck on the Kool Kruz they don't have tech inspection so you wouldn't have to worry.

Thanks for the kind words on the shop! I'll keep you updated on those projects!

I found the NHRA article regarding the FPR on the firewall. It must be 6" forward of the flex plate. They're main concern is a flex plate coming apart, and shrapnel hitting fuel components. All fuel lines that pass the bell housing must be steel braided. "No brake or fuel components may be mounted on the firewall"... I guess they forgot that the brake booster is on the firewall and brake lines pass the bell housing. IMO, if my flex plate comes apart and rips through my bell housing, I have bigger problems. Like how I'm going to reattach my foot...

I wonder if they'd honor a good scatter shield over the bell housing... I did an image search of some SS trucks to see where they put their FPRs. Krambo, chase, a few trucks in truckin and GMP magazine... Even the local trucks like Justin (and myself)... All on the firewall. I don't know. I think it'll look haggard having to run fuel lines all the way to my fuse box, if I mount it there to be NHRA legal. I think the finished product of where it's at will look real clean... Idk. I guess it doesn't matter if I try to make sense of it all. Rules are rules. Anyone got pics of where they mounted their FPR? I could screw it right in to the end of the rail... But I just think it looks gay. :lol:

Think I'll just say F it and go with the current location for the FPR. I'll put a scatter shield on the bell housing for my own protection, but the way I look at it... I'll never pass tech inspection anyway. If this truck gets anywhere close to my goal track time, they're going to want to see a cage, harness, etc., which this truck will never see. So, I guess I'll make it look as clean as I can, and fast as I can. It's a street truck anyway... Right?

Well hell yeah, it's your truck and building it how you want to is what it's all about, right? ...maybe just leave a little slack in your lines just in case you change your mind somewhere down the road, haha!

Well hell yeah, it's your truck and building it how you want to is what it's all about, right? ...maybe just leave a little slack in your lines just in case you change your mind somewhere down the road, haha!

Lol. Yeah. Ill just cross that bridge when I get there. :lol:

Ill just leave it where its at and keep moving forward with the build. Hoping Summit will pull through and have my parts here by the weekend. The filters were being drop shipped directly from fuelab, and I haven't gotten a ship notification from them yet. But as long as my -6, and my steam fittings show up, ill have plenty to do this weekend. Precision also shipped my new converter today. So fingers crossed ill have my trans in the following weekend. :fingersx: This weekend I need to focus on pulling my bumper and getting my coolers mounted. Then I can get all my cooling hoses routed and plumbed up. Harley is getting anxious to install his MP112, so we'll be doing that soon too. Hoping that by mid April, Justins, Harleys, and my truck will all be done. The roads will still be super muddy from break-up season, but shortly after we'll be ready to cruise and see what these things will do... That is, if I don't get unmotivated again and push it off another year. :jester:

I've got it... I'll get a shell of an MSD ignition box to cover the regulator on track days. Then loom the fuel lines with wire loom... They'll never know :lol:

Hahaha I'm sure they would never suspect it! :crackup: