Bye Bye Lightning.

2xss

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said whatever is best for the driver, I drove both before buying n it was obvious the AWD wasn't gonna work for me when I first test drove it and as soon as I tried the RWD the smiles where on I know it was better fitted for me.

Everyone is gonna be bias about what they own, I'll admit there are some times I wish I had the option to power the front wheels, like when I wanna go to the dunes. But other then that a drive me truck on the street.

How close were the 28x10.5 to the leafs? I'm about to mount my 28x12.50's this week just curious how close you were

I didn't even bother looking at the clearance, I think you'd be ok, considering it'd only be an inch inward more.

I'll see if I can mount mine in the morning when I get off of work to see.

When's your track date with the truck? Any update from the shop your truck is at?

No idea on track dates yet. The shop said they would be fixing a mysterious antifreeze leak that appeared. They're gonna put the csr steam vent kit on since I'm sure that's where it's leaking. That's supposed to be today along with installing the freshened yank, going over all my nitrous wiring, and programming my progressive controller. He told me I'm slotted dyno time on Thursday, but if someone misses or reschedules an appointment then it'll be sooner. I'll most likely be busy this weekend going to nj so no track time. I really need a full day of test n tune to dial her in at least suspension and tire wise. I doubt I'll hit it with the nitrous until I'm comfortable I won't shock the tires into an a oblivion!

If you had AWD you wouldn't have to worry about clearance in the rear. Hook and go. Hahahahahaha

Sent from my PantechP8010 using Tapatalk 2

If you had RWD you'd have faster track times!

Big deal, not everyone cares about a track time, like not everyone cares about driving there trucks in the snow.

Waste space and go open a new thread about RWD vs AWD, and see who cares.

I'll post the vid of my RWD vs a fancy AWD SS if I can find it, so you can see what happens to it from a dig on a unprepped street, n if only I had the vid of the drivers reaction after the race. Sounded like a ricer, oh but I have AWD. Oh but probably won't believe it because the magazines and internet say something different.

And I'd rather deal with drag radials and slicks then to have an AWD system, period.

Let's move on.