Atvs

jovanny

I remember reading your build on raptor forum. Are you on there much anymore? Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

No not very much at all. I still have a raptor and 450. but don't have much time to enjoy them. life takes off and you just don't find the time. just bought a new home so that will be my summer this year. with having a son now I'm thinking on getting a 4 seater side by side for the wife and lil man then I can ride the atv's. or buy a 4 seat rzr.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Man those are some sick builds, I love drag bikes.

Yeah they are sweet. its just hard for me to build something like that just knowing they only really serve one purpose and thats a straight line. some of the guys dune theirs when we are out. but they are not too comfy to ride. almost no suspension and the seats are usually cut to nothing to save weight. some of the guys get their bikes super light like 220lbs. I have a buddy who as a super light bike heres a picture.

IMG_0790.jpg

Heres from last year. this was a fun trip about 35 bikes in our group. some are under the cover because it was misting rain.

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got three sport quads. I have a 2009 KTM 450SX ATV, a 2002 Cannondale Moto 440 ATV and a 2004 Yamaha YFZ450. My Yamaha I tried to part out, but wasn't able to sell all of the parts, so since I still got stuck with the frame and subframe, I am going to build it back up and probably let my brother come ride with me. I do like riding and racing ATV Motocross and I will be hauling my quads to go ride at some motocross tracks and over to a friend or two to go riding on their track. If anyone on here likes to go ride ATVs on a motocross track, bit me up and maybe we can meet up sometime to go riding.

Yeah I do still have some parts left from the yfz450. As for parts, that all depends on what you need and what you want. Let me know what you want or need for parts and I will tell you if I have them. But like I said though, I am thinking of just rebuilding the whole quad back up to a whole complete machine again. But will see...

Yeah they are sweet. its just hard for me to build something like that just knowing they only really serve one purpose and thats a straight line. some of the guys dune theirs when we are out. but they are not too comfy to ride. almost no suspension and the seats are usually cut to nothing to save weight. some of the guys get their bikes super light like 220lbs. I have a buddy who as a super light bike heres a picture.

IMG_0790.jpg

Heres from last year. this was a fun trip about 35 bikes in our group. some are under the cover because it was misting rain.

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

Man those are some sick builds. Whats that r1 like when hitting the dunes? Lol I can only imagine wanting to be WOT with that much power. Do you dune the bike or drag.

And your truck looks clean on the 24's and the 3/4 drop.

I tore down a YFZ a couple years ago and then put it all back together. That was fun lol

Mine was extended with a 8" extended swing arm and big 25" sand paddle tires and it still fit in the bed of the SS with no problem.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0686.jpg

This truck is one nice trophy, love the color and wheels.. What color is it? It doesn't look like the blue ss colors at all..

Man those are some sick builds. Whats that r1 like when hitting the dunes? Lol I can only imagine wanting to be WOT with that much power. Do you dune the bike or drag.

And your truck looks clean on the 24's and the 3/4 drop.

I tore down a YFZ a couple years ago and then put it all back together. That was fun lol

I did alittle bit of everything with it. the down fall was it was so heavy with the big motor. but it was still a blast and held its own. nothing crazy fast but it was quick. It was really fun when you got to stretch its legs. having 6 gears and tons of RPMs was a blast.

This truck is one nice trophy, love the color and wheels.. What color is it? It doesn't look like the blue ss colors at all..

Yep its the factory color.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I got 5 sport quads now. I'm really big into ATV Motocross Racing so someday I am hoping to start my own race team. I just ordered a brand new enclosed trailer to haul my quads around with to races. Still waiting on my trailer yet. Manufacturer is still in the process of building it. It will be done soon though. Otherwise for now I just haul one quad to races and to the tracks to go practice riding and get more seat time. However, with all of my quads, I spend a lot of time wrenching on them than I do riding them. I'm almost done with building my projects though.