needin help

foxfox14

With my limited experience with my truck and just reading through others posts. I would recommend long tubes, cold air intake and a tune. I would also recommend spending some time reading through old posts to get an idea of what parts you want. Tons of good reads on here. And congrats on your new truck they are awesome.

With my limited experience with my truck and just reading through others posts. I would recommend long tubes, cold air intake and a tune. I would also recommend spending some time reading through old posts to get an idea of what parts you want. Tons of good reads on here. And congrats on your new truck they are awesome.

Yeah its an awesome truck and ill do some looking around

There is a ton of info on this topic, but the best bag for your buck is getting a custom Tune.

Most people Recommend that you get a Cold Air Intake, and new exhaust, and then a custom tune from Zippy, Blackbear, Wheatly, or get one done at a custom shop. These will do wonders for your SS. You are looking around $300 for a CAI, $600 for and Exhaust, and $300 for a Tune.

It is not 100% necessary to have a CAI or exhaust before you do a tune, but all 3 working in conjunction will make a world of difference in your SS's performance.

Some further info... any modifications beyond what has been recommended so far might require some tranmission upgrades. Unless you go for a supercharger, or other big power additions, some modest transmission mods will be enough. There are LOTS of articles in the Transmission Tech section that describe different updates.

Welcome to the site!

I was thinking about exhaust and cold air intake but what's the difference between a Blackbeard,wheatly,and zippy?

They are different tuners who have tuned many trucks on the site. (BTW, it's Blackbear!) All three have excellent reputations.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)

They are different tuners who have tuned many trucks on the site. (BTW, it's Blackbear!) All three have excellent reputations.

My bad lol watching tv and typing don't work out well

I was thinking about exhaust and cold air intake but what's the difference between a Blackbeard,wheatly,and zippy?

I think the best Tuner argument is like the argument between Ford and Chevy everyone has an opinion. Some will say Zippy is the best, some will say Whealtley. Personally I have had both my SS and my HD tuned by Nelson Performance and I have been very happy.

You can get a mail order tune, but most say you will get better results from a live tune. So you can look for a reputable tuner in your area, or Blackbear also travels all over the US and sets up live tunes.

http://blackbearperformance.com/calendar.asp

Personally I have been happy with both mail order tunes i have had