05 silverado ss po300 code HELP!!!!!

pontiackid

alright so my 05 ss is stock other than the exhaust. it just flipped 80,000 miles. its throwing a po300 code and I cant figure it out. here is what started it and what happened. I was on the freeway almost home and the gas light flipped on. it started chugging and felt like I had to give it a lot more gas to keep my speed. I was nearly at my exit and I got off the freeway and got gas not even 5 miles after this started to occur. filled it up and it still is acting up.

Here is what I did with parts I got from buddies that were good or stuff I had that was good and still got nothing

swapped out all 8 coils with ls2 coils

all new 8 plugs

all 8 plug wires

maf

map sensor

added some sea foam to the fuel

I checked fuel pressure. priming it, its 55lbs.. driving it, its at 60lbs and stays

I tried unplugging one injector at a time and I could hear a change in idle everytime.

tapped on the cats with a hammer and sounded solid.

I guess at this point im lost. I was told to try the fuel filter or fuel pressure regulator. but I know both are in the tank on a 05. but I have good pressure so how would that be? any help would be great. I never take my stuff in to the shop. but thinking I may have to at this point.

Thanks!

Normally a crank position sensor will cause the vehicle to wither shut off on its own, or not start. Your code is a random mis fire code which could be from the brand of plug you are using to the plug gap being incorrect, like said a bad MAF will normally be the issue with the plugs being used are the right ones, and thegap is correct.

A crank sensor code issue doesnt come up with a Po300 code. There are multiple crank sensor codes and you dont fall into that category.

What is your plug gap set to, and whats the part number on the plugs. Just because a parts store computer will say certain plugs will work with your vehicle they will not. For instance, The parts store computers tell me I can use Champion plugs, those are for chrysler products.

By taking it to a shop they are going to do what you already did. pull the codes, and start what you are already doing, plus paying them to do the same thing.

• 1 month later...

I got this same problem yesterday drive home from work. I was doing 120km/h and the cel started flashing, didn't notice anything different, truck still ran good, no loss of power. After about 10sec the cel light stopped flashing and all was good. All the above checks other than cats have been done (cleaning and replacement of obvious parts) A lot of you guys are mentioning the cats being at fault, but isn't there an underlying problem to this? What's causing the cats to fail?

The cats are honey comb looking inside after years of heat they start to come apart and clog. That's a lot of guys probs on here just think these cats are around 10 or more years old.

I take it thou the guys with the bad cats were having drivability issues eg. rough idle, no start, no power ?I had no issues when the cel started flashing. I'm wondering if I should do a crankshaft variation relearn? the only reason I say that is my truck was in storage all winter long and the battery was dead for a while.