Shiftkit and servo

So i made the work complete, drilled the holes changed the springs, etc.

Car drives but it only shifts till 3/4 throttle position, above that it will hit the rev-limiter. So when i go flatout it will stay in 1,2,3 till i lift the gaspedal.

When i downshift the same problem accurs.

So 3 options:

1 i did something wrong,

2 the computer needs adjusting for the shiftpointsbecause the shift-kit is in.

3 i put on the vortechset and look how it's performing with that (superchips)tune.

So i made the work complete, drilled the holes changed the springs, etc.

Car drives but it only shifts till 3/4 throttle position, above that it will hit the rev-limiter. So when i go flatout it will stay in 1,2,3 till i lift the gaspedal.

When i downshift the same problem accurs.

So 3 options:

1 i did something wrong,

2 the computer needs adjusting for the shiftpointsbecause the shift-kit is in.

3 i put on the vortechset and look how it's performing with that (superchips)tune.

Hey Cheil, the way PCM does WOT shifting is that it has two settings that BOTH must be passed before it will shift -- speed and rpm. I changed my shift point once from 6200 rpm to 6300 rpm and the truck stopped shifting... I changed it back to 6200rpm, and voila, it shifts.

Take a look at those points in HPT and make sure they mesh (MPH is attainable at the RPM and that your rev limiter isn't keeping you from hitting the RPM).

Hey Cheil, the way PCM does WOT shifting is that it has two settings that BOTH must be passed before it will shift -- speed and rpm.  I changed my shift point once from 6200 rpm to 6300 rpm and the truck stopped shifting...  I changed it back to 6200rpm, and voila, it shifts.

Take a look at those points in HPT and make sure they mesh (MPH is attainable at the RPM and that your rev limiter isn't keeping you from hitting the RPM).

thanks for the info :thumbs: (already wondered how that worked) but I don't think this is the problem, because when i lift the pedal (lower rev/ same speed) it will shift. or are you meaning that shifting by part/half/throttle is also somewhere in the hpt-program?

Hey Cheil, the way PCM does WOT shifting is that it has two settings that BOTH must be passed before it will shift -- speed and rpm.  I changed my shift point once from 6200 rpm to 6300 rpm and the truck stopped shifting...  I changed it back to 6200rpm, and voila, it shifts.

thanks for the info :thumbs: (already wondered how that worked) but I don't think this is the problem, because when i lift the pedal (lower rev/ same speed) it will shift. or are you meaning that shifting by part/half/throttle is also somewhere in the hpt-program?

I had the same issues with my shift from 1-2. I lowered my RPMs to 6000 and it went away along with lowering my MPH 1-2 shift to 33mph. I think it was my shift RPM that was too high originally.

Archived