100k service

Steelheading365

Purchased my 2003 SSS with 104k on it. I'm at 110k now and have been trying to find info on what is involved in the 100k service as I'm sure it hasn't been done yet. If anyone could send a link or just give me a run down with recommended fluids and what not I would greatly appreciate. Changing my front wheel bearings/hub assembly today, would like to do a good portion of the 100k service tomorrow, at least the fluids. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Did you get any service records with it? I bought mine with the same mileage and no records. I just did pretty much everything. Trans drain (NOT FLUSH) and filter, both front and rear diffs, transfer case, oil and filter ( i did put some seafoam in for the last 150 miles before the change), i suctioned out the PS reservoir, same with the brake fluid and bled each caliper till it was clean, new fuel filter (2003 only) and lubed the chassis. I also took off the throttle body and cleaned it real good. I replaced the belts right away too. All Amsoil for me but whatever you choose, at least you know it will be fresh and you can keep track of it now. I haven't flushed the radiator yet but its on my list of things to do.

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

I agree, with above. Dont flush the trans, just drop the pan and replace the filter and fluid.

This is what I would do.

Trans fluid and filter.

Plugs and wires

Brake fluid exchange along with bleeding all brakes

Coolant drain and fill along with back flushing the heater core.

Power steering drain and fill

Check belts and or replace if needed

Replace the fuel filter, and do it once a year.

I also agree with adding sea foam to the gas tank, and then to the brake booster line to help remove carbon deposits.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious guys, why not flush the trans? I have mine scheduled next week to do so. I'm at the 150k market and the guy that owned it before me (!he was 70)! Driving a sss lol didn't ever change the transfluid. It's about half smoked right now and I was planing on just flushing it? Would I be okay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flushing it with that many miles on it with the probability of the trans never being serviced, it will only destroy the trans. When you flush the trans the pressure built up will loosen everything up remove it. This might sound good, but when a trans is never serviced, when you remove those particles thats when you have the trans start slipping and or just completely break. I would cancel the appointment .

Do the trans yourself. Drop the pan, replace the filter, trans fluid, and gasket, clean off the magnet in the pan and be done.