Sunroof HELP!

elijah

Im having some trouble with my sunroof it does not close all the way down. It either gets stuck on the first open position when the window is just cracked up or its stays about 4mm open it does not shut all the way down. It opens up fine but when it comes time to close it im havng these issues. Anyone have this same issue with your sunroof??

mine did that too before, hold the button down and push up on the sunroof when closing it, and should close all the way.. thats what i did and i cleaned and put a little grease on the slides

mine did that too before, hold the button down and push up on the sunroof when closing it, and should close all the way.. thats what i did and i cleaned and put a little grease on the slides

Alright let me try that out.

Do a search, I posted a thread about this issue a few years ago. Press forward on both arms at the same time while pressing the close button(you will need another set of hands), and it will close. Make sure to inspect the support arms for cracks when you lube the tracks, mine had large stress cracks. The dealer wanted $930 for just the parts. I pulled the fuse and now it's a skylight.

Do a search, I posted a thread about this issue a few years ago. Press forward on both arms at the same time while pressing the close button(you will need another set of hands), and it will close. Make sure to inspect the support arms for cracks when you lube the tracks, mine had large stress cracks. The dealer wanted $930 for just the parts. I pulled the fuse and now it's a skylight.

Damn they do have cracks!

Lol I pulled out my truck for an afternoon drive and I notice my sunroof is still Alittle open. So sure enough I got an issue with it not closing. And just when I was thinking about lubing it up as preventative maintance.

I can see there are some stress cracks on there.

Anyone ever trying using an epoxy, I'm assuming it doesn't close because the cracks maybe put presure on the tracks casing it to close in a different angle.

Is there a standard kit out there to have one put in? I had one in my 93 T-Bird 5.0 and just loved that one. Wondering if that could be retro'ed into my truck cause it worked flawlessly for 200k miles and didn't leak.

Is there a standard kit out there to have one put in? I had one in my 93 T-Bird 5.0 and just loved that one. Wondering if that could be retro'ed into my truck cause it worked flawlessly for 200k miles and didn't leak.

Theres shops that do it in okc for 850$