The Storm

rcapone

I live about 2 hours from Canada LOL... Northern MN... No one I mean no one wants to race me not even the rich pipeliners with there diesel rediculous lifted trucks and shiney rims with bigger turbos and tunes lol... Everyone else is a teenage ricer that I just accel normally and dust them or a 60 year old man with a retirement corvette or camaro. It's actually really funny cause everytime I pull up to a meet or a car gathering everyone is allways whispering and pointing, its like the grim reaper has shown up and everyone just steps back and gauks... Just walking through the crowds I have heard people say stuff quietly to eachother like "you know that thing is supercharged, and that truck is unbeatable lol... I just snicker and walk away : my truck is not all that fast low 12's maybe high 11's... " It just sounds bada$$ with the cam and the mp112 with a 2.8"pulley... The servo and shift kit hits very hard too... What really gets people is when you open the electronic cutouts and the truck sounds like a 60-70's loper muscle car...

If I had a car trailer and a big enough truck besides my 2007 colorado I'd seriously think about it... My SSS woukld cost a fortune in gas to get down there at 12-13mpg hwy and 0-8 city lol... Plus if something broke I'd be screwed... Nitrous not installed yet but next spring you bet your A$$ I'll be ready and if you want to make a trek up north to Brainard international speedway we can run them and if you want you can follow me home and we can have a few beers and go fishing for the weekend lol...

Wow, you are up there! It's a good thing you didn't make the trek down anyway because there were so many street cars and trucks there it was freekin ridiculous! If we weren't waiting on track clean up from some dude puking oil all over it, we were waiting in HUGE lines to make a run. As I said, all night there from 6:30 - 11:30 I only managed two freekin runs!

We'll see how next year pans out, sounds like a fun weekend if I could get up that way!

• 2 months later...

I'm sure it can't be too hard. I'm ready to see some vids

Yeah, I'll do a little research and am sure I'll figure it out. ...I'm ready to shoot some gopro vids!!

Have you ever thought of spraying meth?

I've heard good and bad about meth, but don't have any plans to do that just yet. I think I want to see how she runs at the track in a couple of months with the new fuel system and around 15psi. Also, I'll be running e85 and hopefully, maybe even install a flex fuel sensor if Zippy helps me out AND it's not too expensive.

dads ,do great work I also have the same tank love it

Thanks for referring Donnie to me to btw. I've also been meaning to ask you for a pic of how you have yours set up (which lines go where). My current 2300 kit came with the Bosch pump and very small cylindrical tank. Tank mounts on the Battery bracket and pump mounts just below it behind the drivers' side headlight. Also, and don't laugh, how would I even use the new tank? I know I'll need to add extra anti-freeze, but do I add a bag of ice just before my run at the track or do I drain everything and add water and ice??

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

On youtube I have a walk around and you can see location of tank .I have the bottom back hole in tank to go to front of tire in fender well with a petcock to drain water into a pan at the track [very easy]. the front hole line goes to pump out of pump to inlet on super charger, the outlet on super charger goes to double aftercoolers and back to top front on tank.so when you drain tank down to about 1"of water In tank you can then put 2 bags of ice in tank.... cool ice water comes out of tank to pump and right into super charger it stays cool thru 1/4 mile run works great for me ....ps I also run 2- 6"fans in back of aftercooler rad. on switch in cab so I turn it on when I stage. if you need any help asap just call 570 690 4004. :)

Jesus..... this is exactly how i want my truck....i have a slightly smaller cam and stock 317 heads.... do you know what kind of power your running?.. and you have stock bottom end? My vMAX has 132k miles on it tho haha and a built to the wall 70e.. comparible to a FLT level 7 70e

If you want shoot me a txt 7143927535 id love to pic your brain about the build etc... you have one badass ride my friend

Thanks man! Yeah, the motor is stock except for the cam and I'm still running the 317's too. I'll probably end up keeping the stock heads at least until I see how fast I can go this spring!

As far as power goes, I can only guess since there's no AWD Dyno that will accommodate my wheelbase around me. However, I did get a baseline 1/4 mile of 14.2 just after I added the 4L80e. Then ran 13.1 after I added the 2300 on 6psi. Then I added the cam, with a smaller blower pulley and went 12.0 on 11psi. I'm hoping to see mid 14's on the e85 and 15psi in a couple of months when the track re-opens.