New Guy from Springfield MO

Thank you! So i bought the SS. So far im very impressed. As long as she's reliable I'll be very pleased.

Thank you far all your advice. Now if i can just find the proper mod page...

Congratulations. Tons of mod info all over the site. Just study and ask, (And say goodby to your wallet). :jester:

The steering clunk is not a safety issue says GM so they didn't have to recall it. Go pick up GM part number 19153614 intermediate steering shaft and Google / YouTube installation instructions. It is super easy to install and I'm not mechanically inclined at all. Enjoy the new ride and welcome!

Thank you for that. The dealership is paying to get it fixed at the local Chevy dealer. I understood it to be a "lube pack" issue. On a different note, did our trucks come with factory air bags in the rear?

Edited by Normandy (see edit history)

Thank you for that. The dealership is paying to get it fixed at the local Chevy dealer. I understood it to be a "lube pack" issue. On a different note, did our trucks come with factory air bags in the rear?

As I understand it the shaft was redesigned several times before they got it right. Borgeson makes a pricey one as well.

No side or second row air bags.

As I understand it the shaft was redesigned several times before they got it right. Borgeson makes a pricey one as well.

No side or second row air bags.

Sorry , i should have specified. I mean air bagged rear suspension. There are air bags above my rear leafs and a air port behind the rear license plate.

This is my first truck so you'll have to excuse any ignorance. I assume it would be used for better ride quality?

"haha" was for MY ignorance. I'm guessing it was for towing if only on the rear. Does it have a hitch?

"haha" was for MY ignorance. I'm guessing it was for towing if only on the rear. Does it have a hitch?

Sure does..

By the way, I'm researching headers. Is there a particular brand that you all like? Im finding huge discrepancies in pricing on these. Advice? Is it safe to assume there's already a thread about this?

Thanks for the advice.

Sure does..

By the way, I'm researching headers. Is there a particular brand that you all like? Im finding huge discrepancies in pricing on these. Advice? Is it safe to assume there's already a thread about this?

Thanks for the advice.

Never mind, I found the article about them. Would i be correct in stating that headers are the best "bang for the buck" mod for an SS?

Never mind, I found the article about them. Would i be correct in stating that headers are the best "bang for the buck" mod for an SS?

It's a pretty good up grade. As far as best idk. There are quit a few things that are great. But once you start kinda like a snowball effect. You can only go so far then you have to do 5 things to do 1 if that makes sense. All depends on what you want and I can tell you it gets Expensive lol.

headers and intake are a good start imo

By intake, do you mean CAI? I've been trying to search what their worth power wise. Headers as best i can tell are worth 15 to 30ish? CAI around 9? Feel free to correct me if im wrong. I've been talking to someone at excelsiormotorsports. Their site claims 30hp and 25tq. That being said their headers are $1500.00. Speaking of cost, Is there something wrong with Ceramic Pacesetter headers? Quality, fitment issues? I really cant justify spending $1500.00 when i can 400+ on the others. Are CAI's a worthy investment on the 6.0? I know 1 mod usually needs the other in most cases. I'm just curious if the 6.0 can use it. Thoughts?

Thank you guys

It's a pretty good up grade. As far as best idk. There are quit a few things that are great. But once you start kinda like a snowball effect. You can only go so far then you have to do 5 things to do 1 if that makes sense. All depends on what you want and I can tell you it gets Expensive lol.

What are the other "great" mods? From what i've read, a tune and headers seem to be at the top. What do these trucks run stock in the quarter? 15.5's ish?