Lucky Me

Normandy

Hey everyone, I was looking over my SS tonight and I found 2 mods already installed. Apparently I have a BBK Power Plus 80mm TB and Flowmaster Mufflers ( Couldnt tell what series, there really small though). Are Tb's worth much power? Also, do the SS's have factory Y pipes off the headers? I ask because when I looked at mine its true dual.

Thanks guys

The 6.0 trucks stock are dual into the muffler and single out. If the Flowmasters are 14" they are the 40 series. Smaller than that I believe is the 10 series. As for the throttle body, not sure

Hmmm, well mine are dual in, dual out. Sounds nice , I'll need to install resonators to silence the drone at highway speeds. I'm curious if the TB will make a difference when I get tuned?

Thanks for the reply Chris

BBK claims 7-12 HP

asary9e6.jpg

Thanks, I really have no idea if it made a difference seeing as I bought the truck with it already. I assume a tune would make of most of it? What is the factory size TB?

Edited by Normandy (see edit history)

Factory is 75 mm

Wow, a whole 5mm. Glad I didn't spend the money on it. Doesn't seem very worthwhile to me, unless it makes a much bigger difference after a tune.

The throttle body runs $330-370

Yeah, I'd rather have a CAI for the money ( Mines on the way), or simply save for headers. Speaking of, are the pacesetter ceramics an over good header? Any quality or fitment issues?

Thanks

Not sure since I live in cali and cant pass emissions with them

Are there no CARB legal headers for your truck? Kinda glad I don't have to worry about that anymore. I used to live not that far from you.