Oil change interval according to dash monitor

porksoda

Don't get me wrong because I know everyone drives different. One person may only run Mobil 1/Amsoil/Royal Purple and run the piss out of it and race all the time so maybe their light goes off at 3k compared to the conservative who drives Ms.Daisy and only runs Autozone brand oil but their light goes on at 5k. I truly am curious if these oils do as advertised hence why I asked for type of oil and filter. Guess I should of included driving habits as that would have a big play on the light coming on.

There is a point in buying oils, other than paying for the brand stamped on the bottle. For example Having the oil turn black is a sign that the oil is actually working and cleaning out the carbon deposits and doing its job. Oil doesnt break down as fast as you might think.

Some oils turn black quick like the junk they put in at the dealer. My oil usually starts to turn a darker shade around 3k miles. Until then it's clear as a whistle. Mobil 1 way back when I ran it turned dark around 1k. I'm hooked on Amsoil and I'll never change. I pulled my valve covers to replace a spring at 100k it was totally spotless inside. I was really amazed. My new truck will have Amsoil in it ASAP lol. To each there own like wheels tires spark plugs and so forth. I put what I feel is the best product on the market in mine.

It's very simple for me. Depending on what oil you use will depend n when it should be changed.

Conventional every 3K miles or 3 months.

Reg. Synthetics every 5K miles or months

Advanced synthetics like RP or M1 ext. perf. 12/15K or annually

That's what I go by.

Edited by NoMoreBadAssSilvy (see edit history)