2007+ GM Factory Wheels on SSS

LETHL_SS

I've searched all over but haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm looking to get some new wheels and really like the GM CK370 model for the newer trucks. I'll be lowering the truck 2/2 soon but not sure if the backspace will work from the newer trucks. From what I've found, I believe the CK370's have a +31 offset and many threads on here go back and forth about +20 or +30 is what people have on their trucks.

Would these sit right or should I look for a different offset wheel? Thanks in advance.

Edited by LETHL_SS (see edit history)

It all just depends on the setup. The stock SS wheels are a +22

Thanks, I pretty much deduced it down to that based on all the other threads but wasn't able to see a pattern on what works with the +30 and what doesn't.

I think I have it narrowed down to two similar wheels.

The OEM GM CK370 20X8.5 with +31 offset (would get the bowtie cap)

41%2BOl7vr-ZL.jpg

Or

Enkei M6 20X9 with either +20 or +30 offset. I'm quite surprised I like a wheel from Enkei but think it'd look great with my truck since I don't have a lot of chrome and the silver accents would match the OEM SS emblems pretty well. I'd also be able to put a meatier 305/50/20 on this rim.

m6-large.jpg

Here's is my truck as it sits now with some American Racing 20X8.5's. I don't remember the model name off hand but want something more simple.

i-QcmQbHq-XL.jpg

attachicon.gifIMAG0877.jpg

Pretty sure those are the same dealer-optioned wheels I have on my SSS and I have the Chevy center cap

Blown 346 is right, they'll pit if not polished often.

Yes those are them! Are ya'll saying the chrome needs to be polished to prevent pitting? The Enkei's are clear coated which would help those looking nice.

See what warranty is on the chrome before you buy, most only have a year, clear coat would help it last longer, but my Boss wheels started to pit after 1 1/2 (no clearcoat) and I keep a good waxing on them. So i sold them before they got to bad,

See what warranty is on the chrome before you buy, most only have a year, clear coat would help it last longer, but my Boss wheels started to pit after 1 1/2 (no clearcoat) and I keep a good waxing on them. So i sold them before they got to bad,

The warranty on the OEM GM wheels is one year as well. Might just stick with the Enkei's since they're polished with a clear coat to not worry about pitting as much.

I can still get a real good shine when I polish mine but they are pitted in spots and the inside is flaking out. They were on the truck when I bought it and not in perfect condition so I use them as my winter rims and keep my black reps out of the sand and salt. Good maintenance and cleaning from the get-go would be the best with any chrome wheel to help avoid any fugly stuff

I can still get a real good shine when I polish mine but they are pitted in spots and the inside is flaking out. They were on the truck when I bought it and not in perfect condition so I use them as my winter rims and keep my black reps out of the sand and salt. Good maintenance and cleaning from the get-go would be the best with any chrome wheel to help avoid any fugly stuff

I ended up finding a good deal on 3 CK370's and bow tie centercaps so I went ahead and bought them... searching for the 4 rim now. I've had the best luck with factory GM chrome wheels vice cheaper aftermarket so I decided to give them a try.