Wtb: stock silver birch hood

CJ_978

Story behind it all is, my motor is junk, and I strongly believe it Is tune related... I had zippy do a retune for me, to tune in my headers, servo and cat delete.. I received the tune back and put it in right away, and my truck was running rich, I told zippy about it, and then a few weeks went by, and I started to notice that my truck was burning oil and smoke would blow out of the exhaust when I got on it. Then I was taking it easy with the truck and had another guy look at it who does live tunes to figure out why it's running rich and stuff then a couple weeks later I go to do an oil change and notice my oil filter, the paint on the filter was all spider cracked, so that made me thing oil was getting to hot, and I pulled plug and the magnet on the plug looked like it had an Afro.. So I wiped it off, drained it, kept sticking plug in and out and wiping very very fine clumps metal specs off the plug, well I put new oil in and filter then cut old filter open and it looked like metallic gray paint in there. So I changed the oil a week later and same thing bunch of metal on the plug.. There is no knocking or anything, so I'm thinking it's my piston rings and it's chewing up my cylinders. Here's some pics of it

8C835B0C-D066-46E9-BCC6-0CA1B7428408_zps

61B8CED2-E124-4207-967D-64EBE18D2627_zps

Cj did the truck log any codes? I know Zippy is very good at what he does and I don't remember ever hearing of a rich motor causing this problem, I could see your cats melting due to the truck running rich.

I am not saying that either party is wrong just that I haven't seen it my self maybe some else will chime in and educate me.

Either way I am real sorry about your situation.

Thanks Jim, that's the only thing I can think of, because it was running beautiful before I had the retune, and I when I did the cat delete I sent the tune in right away and didn't run the truck without the new tune in it.. I don't know which direction to look or what, but ever since I received the tune back I've had nothing but problems, yes more people chiming in would be great

And no codes have been thrown besides a loose gascap code

Edited by CJ_978 (see edit history)

I didn't have a live tune done I had a guy look at the tune when we went for a test run to log what it was doing.. And this guy rob from the south shore he's on PT.net

If you can try slowhawk performance in bridgewater all he works on is Ls motors he maybe able to help you out a lot better. I would hate to see you get rid of it if there was something that could be done to fix it