Muffler Recommendations

Normandy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but its my own fault for the most part. Its mounted under the cab with side exit before the rear wheel.

I had a Magnaflow for a few years. Loved the way it sounded with the stock tail pipe but the packing blew out in less than a year. Then dumped it and it was obnoxious

Yes but its my own fault for the most part. Its mounted under the cab with side exit before the rear wheel.

I had a Magnaflow for a few years. Loved the way it sounded with the stock tail pipe but the packing blew out in less than a year. Then dumped it and it was obnoxious

Well, mine dual exits to the bed so I would like to think drone would be an issue, especially since I already have a resonator. Ive heard about MF blowing the packing out before, is there an issue with this on MF mufflers? Has anyone else had that happen? Thanks for the reply sinr98

don't have that issue with a borla and really that sound pretty much the same it's all in what case length you get and pipe size 3 in duals being the loudest.

Why do you need single's? You can run a di/do, and I believe the mangnaflows have a built in X incase you don't have a crosspipe.

Thats just the set up it has now. Two very small flomaster super 10's. So yeah i guess your right. Now, would having both pipes into one muffler make any more BP than individual mufflers?

Sound will be different depend on the size of the Manaflow muffler you buy. Plus that truck I believe has headers. It does have a cam so it just gives you a idea.

Can you elaborate on that? I.E a larger muffler has deeper tone or something?