Muffler Recommendations

Normandy

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only muffler that doesn't drone is corsa

Ok, Any sound clips from your truck? How well do they flow? Are they a straight flow? What p/n corsa muffler do you have?

Thanks

So which one has good exhaust notes and doesn't drone?

I went with the Magnaflow 5X8X18 and love the exhaust tone. I havent noticed any drone but then again I dont have headers which change the sound. I also plan on running cats which will help.

I went with the Magnaflow 5X8X18 and love the exhaust tone. I havent noticed any drone but then again I dont have headers which change the sound. I also plan on running cats which will help.

I don't have headers either right now but I do plan on buying them. I think i will keep the cats too. So if you don't have Corsa how do you know they don't drone?

I don't have headers either right now but I do plan on buying them. I think i will keep the cats too. So if you don't have Corsa how do you know they don't drone?

I didnt say anything about corsa. I have heard other people complain about every muffler out there about drone or no drone. Each setup and muffler vary, along with headers, and either having cats or no cats.... My wifes TBSS has headers and a full magnaflow exhaust. 24 inches long by 5X8 oval and its fine until WOT. then you get some drone. I even had the Best exhaust out there for my Z06 which was GHL. and I still had drone at higher speeds.

From what people have reported and info I've read all catless and straight through mufflers systems drone. If you don't want any drone or rasp run cats and maybe even a resonator/s depending on your system.

And you can find the part number you need for your application by simply figuring out what size pipes your running and si/so di/do si/do or whichever you need. Keep in mind the smaller the muffler the louder the exhaust note, for example mangnaflow I believe offers a few of the same sizes and will vary by the the length of the case 14" 18'' 22'', don't quote me on those sizes cuz itll vary. What I would do is decide the size and inlet outlet you want, then search to see what brand has what your looking for.

I also agree on the muffler size, the smaller mufflers will be louder than the longer. Drone dose have a lot to do with where the muffler is placed as well. At the cab could be real bad than say close the the axles or stock location.

So from looking at Magnaflows site i found several different sizes of dual in/ out. 11X17, 14X20 and 22X28. All of them oval. The larger the quiter correct? Your recommendations?

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet making sure your exhaust tips fully exit from under your truck will make a huge difference in how much drone you have and all around noise inside the truck. When I had my exhaust tips fully exiting from under my truck I had very little to no drone and the exhaust wasn't very loud at all inside my truck. Then I had to cut my exhaust to do some suspension work, now my exhaust is exiting under the truck and I have a shit load of drone and the in cab noise levels must have went up at least 3X.

Same one I have and also love it. I also have the stock mounting location and tip.

Excellent! I think I know which muffler to buy. Thank you everyone for all your help. :pepsicheer:

P.S. By the way what size yours muffler?

Mine is the 5X8X18 long Dual in and Dual out. You can find them at Jegs, summit, With the same lifetime warranty as long as you keep your original receipt. They will send you a brand new muffler if it rusts. I did this once with the warranty and had no issue, Jegs sent me one the next day along with a pre paid shipping label.

It was also cheaper thru jegs. I paid $89.99 for mine. I believe this is the part number, on my invoice.

642-12468

Price went up on it since I got mine 4 years ago. to $116.01

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&Ntk=all&Jnar=0&Ne=1%2B2%2B3%2B13%2B1147708&searchTerm=642-12468

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Mine is the 5X8X18 long Dual in and Dual out. You can find them at Jegs, summit, With the same lifetime warranty as long as you keep your original receipt. They will send you a brand new muffler if it rusts. I did this once with the warranty and had no issue, Jegs sent me one the next day along with a pre paid shipping label.

It was also cheaper thru jegs. I paid $89.99 for mine. I believe this is the part number, on my invoice.

642-12468

Price went up on it since I got mine 4 years ago. to $116.01

http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/KeywordSearchCmd?storeId=10001&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&Ntk=all&Jnar=0&Ne=1%2B2%2B3%2B13%2B1147708&searchTerm=642-12468

Thanks, I was looking at this one here http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-12568/overview/. It's a little longer so im hoping it may just make it sound stock.