Corvette Or SS

hankc350

Hey Guys/Girls,

I just got a incredible off on a 2004 Black Corvette. I dont know if I can part with my SS though, I love it. I was going to wait a year and buy the new body style. Does anyone know the performace comparison on the 2004 corvette? Thanks

Do you mean comparison between the C5 and C6?

If so then the best way to tell you is that the C6 is close to the C5 Z06 in performance. The C6 will beat a C5 in any and all categories. I say hold off and get the C6 if you get the C5 you'll be kicking yourself wishing you'd waited on the new one. :chevy:

I think some of it depends on price too. If you can get a C5 for $10K cheaper and put that into mods then you'll come out ahead.

But then you get into resale, how long will you have it, warranty, and what you can actually finance, it gets more difficult.

Do what you want, that's my best advice. :D

I think I am going to stick with the SS and wait for the C6 ZO6 corvette. I will almost have the SS paid for when they start getting out in numbers. :D Best of both worlds. :D Although those SSR's are just cool as hell looking.

Hello,

Personally, I can't stand the SSr, and they are freakin' ridiculously priced. You can buy a base model Vette for what they are asking for the SSr.

I would get the C6 Vette, or wait for the C6 Z06 when they are available! I couldn't afford the insurance or payments on one, but if I could, there would be one in my garage!

Get the new Vette! :cool:

I have owned 4 Corvettes, currently I have a 02 Convertible..... Some thoughts....... You could buy a C5, @ 350hp and install a Magna Charger $5K +(you'll need a new hood for clearence) and look at 450+ HP.... You could wait, and wait, and wait.... :banghead: the C5 are more reasonable this time of the year than the spring..... you don't want to install a S/C on a convertible because of possible frame twisting during hard driving.... or you could wait.... wait.... wait... :banghead: one other thing.... you can get 2 golf bags in the read of the Vette or 8 bags of mulch!!.... keep the truck :driving:

Archived