Help with new build, problems with mechanic

MX946

Sweet!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Getting excited yet? Getting along with your builder / mechanic, now?

Good advice ill take it. So far the engine was broke in at the machine shop. Right now since its not tuned but starts up, wont really idle, im thinking its just running on the stock computer so the paint guy can move it around the shop. It sounds like theres quite a bit of work that needs to be done before I can really drive it. Ill tow it somewhere else... anyone from Denver that knows the best place you could take this to get it finished up?

Any opinions on AWD vs 2wd on a higher hp truck if you had the choice?

I am curious as to how the engine got broken in if it is not running properly. With all this work done but no proper tune, will it run well enough to break in?

There are a few red flags here, the AWD >>> 2wd switch can be done but that requires a transfer case swap. 1000cc injectors are way over kill for an N/A 408. Unless you plan on fi latter down the road. Here is where things get sketchy. A 408 can make 550hp provided the cam and compression is there. And very doable with those heads. However, if compression is low to take advantage of the 1000cc injectors, I doubt that that 408 will make that power.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk