Results form Dragnight 10/22/04

HDMLNIUM

Well we just got home from the track and it was a pretty good night.

The first run was an all motor pass to see if going back to the stock air box over the Volant would make any difference. And it was a new personal best for an all motor pass.

60'........1.970

1/8.........8.949

MPH......76.73

1/4..........14.200

MPH.......92.32

Now her comes the nitrous passes.

I ran a 100 shot, I have a couple of things to take care of before next Friday and then I should have even better results.

100 shot passes

Pass 1...............pass 2....................pass 3

60'...1.795..............1.754.....................1.779

1/8....8.155.............8.148.....................8.261

MPH..82.65...........82.23.....................80.78

1/4....13.006...........13.012...................13.202

MPH..98.41............99.97....................98.71

The bottle pressure was dropping down quite a bit on the last pass. I went to go get the bottle refilled but the NX guy at the track was all out of Nitrous and was packing it up. So I am going to have to get the bottle filled and give her another shot either this Wednesday or next Friday which is the last day the track is open this year. My driver's side header was hitting the frame pretty good after the first Nitrous launch and beating against it all the way down the track. So I am sure I was getting a ton of knock Retard because of that. I will have to fix that this weekend so I can be ready to join the 12 second club next week.. :banghead:

Well that was the night, all in all a good night and I am happy with what it run.

Bill-03-SD

Thanks guys, she is starting to come together..

I when I hit the track this week I will be in the 12's on the 100 shot.

I am spraying it right out of the hole as soon as it goes to full throttle.

I am also spraying through the shifts for now.

I have the NX Maximizer that I have to install and then figure out how to program it with my PDA. Then I won't be spraying through the shifts and I will be able to keep an aye on my air fuel. And where it is a progressive unit I can play around with a bigger shot and ramp it up where I need it and then bring it dow some in 3rd gear. That will take me a little while to get right but it will help for sure.

The converter that is in my truck now is a PI 2600, a good friend of mine hooked me up with it and it is working out great.

Some days I just want to sell the Radix kit and not even bother putting it on, then other days I think about how she will go when it does go on...

I plan on putting it on after this week, waiting until the track closes.

As long as I get it on soon I will be running the Radix and nitrous next year.

The longer it sits in my garage and I get e-mails asking about the more chance I have of selling it. Either way, she should go decent next year..... :thumbs:

I also have the videos of the above runs if anyone wants to see them??

Not great quality but they are better than nothing... ;)

Bill-03-SD

Archived