Radix Install

RollinSSHard

• 1 month later...
$4,500 for the Radix, the GMC dealer was going to do the install for $750.

I installed it myself. :D

Even the dealer said I was smart enough to do it.

Shop around, you can do allot better!

TByrne has good sales prices... Hold out, shop and save some bucks. :thumbs:

WW :cool:

Where did you get the $4500 price? The best I've found is $4800shipped, or a guy local (Pittsburgh,PA) :troll::oops: quoted me $5200 installed. They both sound pretty good, now I just have to decide! PM me for the info on both, if needed.

Local speed shop in NJ:

1 - Magnacharger Radix installed, dyno tuned (4 pulls - 1 before, 3 after for tuning) with LS1 edit, with warranty......$6000.00

May go lower with a cash offer....at least look the other way on the taxes :uhoh:

I bought a Radix and am waiting for some warmer weather for the install by myself. Mostly because of the cash saved.

Local speed shop in NJ:

1 - Magnacharger Radix installed, dyno tuned (4 pulls - 1 before, 3 after for tuning) with LS1 edit, with warranty......$6000.00

May go lower with a cash offer....at least look the other way on the taxes  :uhoh:

I bought a Radix and am waiting for some warmer weather for the install by myself.  Mostly because of the cash saved.

Where did you get yours, and how much was it? :cry:

I would gladly pay $6,000 if it included tuning AND several before/after dyno pulls to verify gains, optimize tuning and to make sure that the tuning did not grenade the engine. Sounds like a reasonable professional shop.

What kind of bolt-ons got you all the way down to 13.97 in the quarter with a Gaylord lid? That sounds like more than cam, heads, headers and exhaust, no?

Rick R

Mods:

-Full exhaust (ASM headders, high flow cats, X pipe, 2-40 series flowmasters)

-K&N FIPK

-160 thermo

-Yank TT 3000

-SLP Cam and springs

-FAL fans

-ASP underdrives

-lots of tuning and little add-ons like plugs and wires etc.

Others have done low 14's with one or two simple mods. I had to do all that to break the 13's. The Radix will help.

Bought the Radix new for 4900 plus tax from a shop in northern NJ.

Krambo, don't forget about your underdrive pulley when you install the radix. It will drop boost from the stock Radix setup.

Example:

Stock pulley: 7.75"

Stock Radix: 3.3"

Shift @6000 rpms

14.1k blower rpms

ASP pulley: 6.0" (Not sure of the exact size)

Stock Radix: 3.3"

Shift @6000 rpms

10.9k blower rpms

Staying with the stock Radix pulley and ASP pulley will reduce boost, due to the reduced blower RPMs.

If you already knew that, disregard. I noticed it on your mod list.

BenKey,

The underdrives will be up for sale. I will be going with the 3.0 pulley for the radix with the stock crank pulley. I will also be dumping the FIPK.

Not looking forward to taking off the crank pulley!....again. :cry:

BenKey,

The underdrives will be up for sale.  I will be going with the 3.0 pulley for the radix with the stock crank pulley.  I will also be dumping the FIPK.

Not looking forward to taking off the crank pulley!....again.  :cry:

:thumbs:

I hear you on the pulley. I've had mine off 5 times. :banghead:

Archived