Cut and buffed

4Runner

Bring it when I'm at work lol I'm also not to busy on weekends. This weekend I'll be going to Idaho though. Let me know. I'm always willing to do it. I'll hook you up. And your truck will look freaking awesome. Ya we do need to cruise around. That would be pretty cool. A lot of attention:)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job man. She really looks flawless now and she's a beauty. I really need this done to my SS and man if I had experience with buffing and waxing vehicles, I would go buy a buffer and wax and get it done myself. I will have to take mine to someplace or someone to get this done to my truck. I just don't know where to go though to get it done.

Did you actually cut it? I still see a good bit of peel and urethane wave. Either way it still looks good.

Ya I did but not with a rotary buffer. We have been using these DA buffers that use microfiber pad with different thickness pads. This is the lightest cut I could do. Because the winter is coming and I want to do it at the beginning of the summer next year so I didn't go all out

Nice job man. She really looks flawless now and she's a beauty. I really need this done to my SS and man if I had experience with buffing and waxing vehicles, I would go buy a buffer and wax and get it done myself. I will have to take mine to someplace or someone to get this done to my truck. I just don't know where to go though to get it done.

Thank you man! You could do this. The buffers we use don't even harm plastic. The only way you could mess up with these is if the pad falls off. But then you just scuff the paint a little with the Velcro. But I've always been able to fix it.

i dont think thats what he meant when you cut it you wetsand the truck to get all the orange peel out then buff it

Ya I did but not with a rotary buffer. We have been using these DA buffers that use microfiber pad with different thickness pads. This is the lightest cut I could do. Because the winter is coming and I want to do it at the beginning of the summer next year so I didn't go all out

cutting is a process done by either hand or machine.

to level urethane wave you start at 1000 or 1500 by hand (800 if you or your painter couldn't lay the clear out worth a damn). To cut peel 1500 to 2000 usually knocks it down.

I finish with a short throw DA damp with Trizact 3000 then 5000.

Then you grab the buffer to bring it back. For fresh paint I use a hex logic orange pad with 3M 6085 compound. Then a hex logic black pad with polish 6064.

Oh older paint I use the following which are all chemical guys products and I use a porter cable with a 5" backing pad. All pads are 5.5 hex logic pads. I rarely use a my rotary anymore.

V32 with a orange pad

V34 with a orange pad

V36 with a white pad

V38 with a green pad

Black light with a black pad

then V-07 for clean up

Like this

20140731_193247_zpscac3b432.jpg

Edited by Retired99 (see edit history)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C54UKHW/ref=mp_s_a_1_14?qid=1409165753&sr=8-14π=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70 this is not what we bought but that's a pretty good deal. Wish I would have seen this before buying mine!!!http://www.meguiars.com/m-en/product/3720/dmckit6-da-microfiber-correction-system-kit-6 with these corrections compounds and pads Edited by 4Runner (see edit history)