Operation "Ricky Bobby"

Supercharger and call it done. Those 6.2 denalis are fast if you are completely stock. Plus you're both awd right? so no real advantage. You can buy a used supercharger for about $3k. Headers and exhaust can run you almost $2k if you go with what people on here love. ARH headers and corsa exhaust. tune is $300 and cai is also like $200. So there goes $2500 and you might keep up. Lol

I'm getting the same truck. Your gonna have to spend some money. Like said above get a supercharger and a good tune and you should squeak out a win. The truck is a tank but it has a420hp and 460lb of tq if he got the 6.2.

Just do whatever you can to stay within two truck lengths then hop out and say you won because of the 11 year technology gap :) I personally pride myself in the fact that brand new trucks want to beat an SS to prove themselves when these trucks were designed over a decade ago! The ole SS still demands respect!!! That's why I kept it AND picked up a 2014 Sierra (old body style but thats because it's an HD with a Duramax)

My buddy just traded in a 2012 for a 2014 Denali truck. Is his the 6.2? Apparently they also have a 5.3 avilable, which I think defeats the bragging rights of having a Denali. He has new LT headers for the 2012 and he's gonna get those sold and then he's gonna buy some for the new 14', I'll help him with the install and once he gets a tune and cai we'll race lol