Lack of power

Ok a tranny flush is when you flush out all the old fluid and replace with new fluid which is about 12 quarts and would not be recommended at over 100k miles... A general maintenance fluid/filter change which only requires dropping the pan uses about 6-7 quarts... If you pulled 12 quarts out that may be your problem as the old fluid which has burnt and has all that tranny debris acting as a friction modifier... The only thing I'd recommend you try before dumping 1000's on a new tranny is try putting a friction modifier in your tranny to help the slip, like Lube Guard from Oreily's... http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-110/Transmission

I used a bottle when I rebuilt my tranny on my SSS and it still works outstanding... I also put some in my wifes 2006 Impala SS because she had a little tranny slip from the start and it eliminated it after a few miles of driving....

dam that's a lot. I can get a good built transmission for that.

With labor is not bad... These tranny's are a pain to take out... Thats over half the cost right there... If you were to do all the labor yourself it would be $300-$600... A good built performance transmission alone with no install labor will run 2-4K plus core charge... So all in all it's not that bad... I built my transmission for around $1500 and I did all the labor myself and I still could have added more stuff...