Broken Half Shaft

Got on it from a dead stop and shredded the front right half-shaft. Any idea where I can get one of these....not from a dealer?

I've tried a ton of parts places and none of the 1500 shafts are an exact replacement. They rub against the bolts on my drop spindles.

:banghead:

Got on it from a dead stop and shredded the front right half-shaft.  Any idea where I can get one of these....not from a dealer?

I've tried a ton of parts places and none of the 1500 shafts are an exact replacement.  They rub against the bolts on my drop spindles.

:banghead:

why not the dealer?? :ughdance:

If u don want them to know it was u buying it, just get a buddy to go in and gfety it, or something like that, pluss, i think that most dealers parts departments are seperate from the service department... Besides, i dunno how u shreded a half shaft... :dunno:

• 1 year later...

sorry I never followed up on this for you guys..the half-shaft from the dealer is over $500...you can have them remanned for about $50. If you need this done, make sure they use the hard plastic boots....the rubber ones expand and explode at about 120 mph :driving:

I'd be more worried about what caused it. Don't think it's your power levels - many more higher. Maybe the drop along with the power is causing some long term issues? Just a thought, but I'd be watching it.

I'd be more worried about what caused it.  Don't think it's your power levels - many more higher.  Maybe the drop along with the power is causing some long term issues?  Just a thought, but I'd be watching it.

I have almost 80k on it (70k blown) and yes, I'm sure the fact that it has drop spindles might have something to do with it, but my drop was only a couple of inches.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived