Windshield Glass Year Replacement Question?

LaSHOOOOSH

Hi All,

Looking to replace my front windshield since it cracked on me this past winter and was wondering what year of Silverado truck front windshield can you go back or how new for a used one from a auto recyclers? I've got a 2003. I'm debating on getting a used one or just bite the bullet for a new one.

Can you go back as 2001? Do the glass change in 2007?

Thanks

If you have full coverage insurance, your windshield may be covered by your policy !!!
So Check it out before you spend $$$...In Kentucky it's a no cost state !!! Have had 4 windshields replaced on other cars I have owned and has not cost me a dime, and most glass Co. will come to you here...

My .02

Edited by SSchevySS (see edit history)

Thanks all, I've checked with my insurance broker already. My deductible for this type of stuff is $500. I called a few local glass company's here in Ontario and they quoted me $497 with taxes installed with a new OE glass.

Does anyone know what years would work for our trucks so I can check around for prices on a used one? I want to check out all my options before I make a decision. 2003-2006? What's the range? Thanks again