Where does one raise hell in OKC?!

misterp

Hey all - sorry that I have not contributed to the forum for a while, I've been unavoidably busy :( I'm working in Oklahoma City until Halloween - anyone know any good eating/drinking/dancing/cruising spots in this town?!

Mr. P. :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Misterp,

I'm 45 minutes southwest of you in Anadarko! CTROW is in Norman 15 minutes south also...

Try Bricktown Brewery, or any of the numerous fine chain restaraunts around there. There is plenty to do off of Meridian Ave. Several adult mens clubs :D and always a couple of nice malls to hang out at. Quail Springs, and Crossroads to mention two.

What are you doing in OKC, and how soon till you leave?

I am working as 'head of all things technical' at the USTRC National Finals team roping, at the colliseum - we break down on Halloween. And I'm holed-up at the Holiday Inn (airport). Meridian is my daily drive, already spent an evening playing pool at Emerson Biggins (gawd I suuuck!) and at a couple dinner spots there, but those places are getting old.

Thanks for the lead on the malls - I need to get a new pair of shoes. Bricktown sounds good, do you guys know any killer spots to eat/socialize down there?

And I'll tell you what else - I need to find a car wash, the SS is a dirty pig!

You also might try some of the restaurants up on Lake Hefner like Red Rock. You just head up I44(later turns into Hefner Pkwy) until you get to Britton Rd. Then cross over the highway and there's several restaurants there to choose from. All are nice sit down places.

:thumbs:

Sounds like fun to me!!! Though it may be tough to set a time convenient for all! Fridays are no good for me.... Saturday night is alright for fightin' tho!

Good luck planning!

Thanks for the compliments Misterp and Charlie! You made my day! :D

Sounds like fun to me!!! Though it may be tough to set a time convenient for all!  Fridays are no good for me.... Saturday night is alright for fightin' tho! 

Good luck planning!

Thanks for the compliments Misterp and Charlie!  You made my day! :D

I was joking :banghead:

:jester::jester::jester:

Sounds like fun to me!!! Though it may be tough to set a time convenient for all!  Fridays are no good for me.... Saturday night is alright for fightin' tho! 

Good luck planning!

DOH!

That could be a really good time - things are settling in here now, so you name the night and I'll be there. Is that the Hooters a few miles north of the fairgrounds (up May ave)? If so that would be good, got my room changed today, so no more Holiday Inn. Thank God, because man that is a shitty part of town. I thought Albuquerque was bad but geeze... my friend/co-worker suffered a brake drum through the window of his new Duramax our first night here, the locals certainly aren't all that friendly a crowd.

Good luck planning!

DOH!

That could be a really good time - things are settling in here now, so you name the night and I'll be there. Is that the Hooters a few miles north of the fairgrounds (up May ave)? If so that would be good, got my room changed today, so no more Holiday Inn. Thank God, because man that is a shitty part of town. I thought Albuquerque was bad but geeze... my friend/co-worker suffered a brake drum through the window of his new Duramax our first night here, the locals certainly aren't all that friendly a crowd.

Brake drum threw a window?!?!?! DANG!!! :confused:

Sorry to hear about your buddy. This area is mostly a business district. I know, I work about .5 miles from the Holiday Inn.

Saturday evening would be probably the best for me since the weather should be cleared up by then. Then I can ride the motorcycle and won't be clowned for driving the Saturn :yellow_loser: I'm assuming previous SS owners are invited?????

When did you arrive in town? I saw 2 red SS's in a hotel parking lot on Meridian when I left work on Friday. Both of them had enclosed trailers attached to them.

Since I sold mine last week, I've seen a SSS everyday. It sucks....

BTW Mr.P, it's going to rain the next several days. I wouldn't worry too much about keeping the truck clean.

Rain, eh? Time to scare other motorists with those full-throttle AWD stoplight blasts... Maybe I'll take the PFY for a ride, too! :devil:

Hell Ya, Saturday sounds great, let's do something. Anytime up to mid-evening would be best, because in the late evening I have to be back at the fairgrounds to pack things up when the roping ends for the day. I'll post a better idea of my Saturday schedule tomorrow. And, I have a great Saturn/ex-wife story to share.

I got into OKC last Thursday. I was running late (story of my life), it was a 'fun trip', the dash computer says I averaged 84-mph.

About the burglary - it wasn't exactly my friend's rig, it was in his care. The company gives away new trophy trucks to the winners in several of this week's ropings, and he drove one of them up from Stephenville last Wednesday. Teh mistake was leaving it parked at the motel overnight with a HP4000 printer in the back seat (at least the crew brought in the laptops). The next morning, he discovered shattered glass and a brake drum in the front seat, and the printer missing. And he had to find a glazer *pronto* as it was a trophy truck. The mirror got all f'd up, too, but everything's all fixed-up now.

The next morning I walked out to the SS (Days Inn parking lot, Meridian/I40) I discovered 'greasy paw prints' all over the driver's-side doors, windows, and handles - the hotels here must get cased by burglars nightly. Point to everyone is - in OKC, DO NOT leave anything locked in your vehicle, because they will bust your shit up to get at it. Enough of my rant on 'other people's kids...'

Hey - I saw those red SS's too (mine's black). It really busted me up seeing them towing matching red 24' car trailers; so maybe the truth is that the black ones are faster, and the red ones tow better?!

Mr. P.

(ps - I'm signing off for the night, will check back tomorrow)

Archived