Ac issues

GI.SS

If anyone is familiar with their ac system, please help me out. I got in an accident and all my freon leaked out. Truck sat for a while. I replaced the ac condenser and it holds pressure now. Yet it only blows out air. The fuses and relay all work properly. The clutch is engaging as it should. To charge, I am using the port closest to the cab to fill. I feel the hose getting cold where I am filling up to where the fitting is, then warm from the fitting to the condenser. I took a look at the filter inside there, and it was clean. The pin in the filter looked odd but I'm unsure of how it's supposed to look. Could this filter thing need replacing and be causing it to not circulate? Could my compressor be bad? Anything a should look for and or check?

so a clean orifice tube or filter whatever the heck that thing is called, it should be circulating? is the needle inside supposed to be stuck or should it move freely? maby a possible blend door stuck? but i really think that your right about air in the system. should i just have a local place try that? i done have the tools or know how on that. Unless theres a specific process or write up on it.... what is the going rate for having this done?

If you have a Harbor Freight near you, you can buy everything need there to completely evacuate the system, check to see if it hold pressure, and then start filling. The nice thing about Freon these days is the oil is already in the can. I would replace the orifice tube as well.

You need this.

http://www.harborfreight.com/a-c-manifold-gauge-set-92649.html

And this to evacuate the system.

Heres a cheapy, they work ok, but take awhile to work completly

http://www.harborfreight.com/air-vacuum-pump-with-r134a-and-r12-connectors-96677.html

Heres a better one, you might be able to make money on the side as I do when AC issues turn up, since a shop can get pricey.

http://www.harborfreight.com/25-cfm-vacuum-pump-61245.html

Yes you must pull a vacuum on the circuit before adding the 134. The needle should move when you've gauged the AC compressor. These circuits only take about 3lbs of 134. So you want to be careful not to over charge it. I generally blow nitrogen through the lines preferably through the low side to the high. Then pull a vacuum.. post-23372-0-49339100-1412853876_thumb.jpg

Add the refrigerant to the low side.

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

mine is a tad different. I have two fittings on one line. I havent been able to find any other on the other lines. the larger one is before the orifice tube and the smallet is closer to the dryer. Im assuming high pressure is the larger port and low pressure is the smaller port? confuses me that they are both on the same line