Clogged cat

rickyrick562

Well it looks like I got a clogged cat. Being that I'm in California and I have long tube headers I have yet to find a shop willing to change the broken cat with a new one. Does anyone know of an exhaust shop near Long Beach, CA that is willing to do the work.

Some cat nip and milk of magnesium should unclog your cat LMAO :jester: ... You can always just sawzall it off and put your new one in and clamp it into place with some exhaust u-bolt clamps... I have a turbo muffler on my 07' Colorado with exhaust clamps and no leakage so far... It would be a temporary fix and you would be able to drive it until you find a shop... With it in place and functional I am sure a shop would be able to weld it up for you as a weld service rather than a cat replacement...

If you don't have a sawzall you can just use a hacksaw and buy the clamps from any hardware store...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

what it their reasons for not replacing the cat? emission tampering? headers?.. as far as i know as long as the cat is being replaced by a OEM replacement, or a CARB approved one. there should be no issues, but i could be wrong..been out of the smog business for some time..

try here..not been up dated since 09

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermktcat/aftermktcatdbase.htm

good luck

With long tubes, i dont think a shop wants to be involved

Yeah no shop wants to touch a truck with long tubes. I got it replaced already though found a shop willing to do it and didn't even charge me more. But truck still shaking at idle and under load...smh can't get a break

Well I'm sure in the grand state of California you must have a harbor freight store..!?!? This is what you do, ill tell ya. Get yourself one of them 150$ welders (I bought one and did my whole exhaust and then some), plus the shop is gonna charge you that probably anyway. Kaboom you can weld your own cat back on. If you have holes just tack em up. I have faith in you.

I would do it for you but I'm nowhere close to long beach.. I wish!