Hid 6000k with Harness Question ?

BlackBeauty03

If you are putting HIDs on your SS you do not need a harness. I have been running thme for years without. Some vehicles need harnesses and some do not.

If you really want to use the harness there are a few videos on youtube that explain how to hook it up. It does not have to be Silverado specific any video on any car should work.

i have h1 projector headlight an bulbs, an they flicker bad. so i know i need the harness, it just ive read contradicting pages. some say cap other side off with no prombels. a few others says it will messes with the electronics cause it backfeeds.

Interesting that the H1's flicker without a harness, but the 9006's dont.

When I installed an HID kit in my Subaru (H7's) that is how I wired it up.

You should have a Power Wire, A Ground Wire, a plug that goes to the Drivers Side factory headlight connector, A plug that plugs into the driver side ballast, and then a plug that plugs into the passenger side ballast. Then the factory passenger headlight connector should be left unconnected.

That's the way i understand the all aftermarket HID wiring harnesses are hooked up, but I don't know if there would be a difference with the H1 bulb. I would not think so.

You could always go onto http://www.theretrofitsource.com/ they have some good formation and you can chat with a live person and see if they know the proper way to hook up the harness to a Silverado