should i go 2/3 or 3/4 suspension!!?

jbiller

notch your frame if you go 3/4! everyone told me it wasn't necessary but after the drop I literally had 1.5" of travel before bottoming out even after removing the bumpstop brackets and cutting the bump stops down a lot.

I don't want to touch my frame, how's the ride on 2/3 drop does it hit and ride quality?

Thanks for the heads up.

I don't want to touch my frame, how's the ride on 2/3 drop does it hit and ride quality?

Thanks for the heads up.

on the trucks ive set up over the past 12 years with my kit the rear set at 3 inches with the oem bumpstops taken off frame and the newer poly bumpstops replacing them ride has been fine.

Only other thing that wakes the back of these trucks up a lot is the swaybar. Ive been using djms version on them for years now and great product

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

the kit i listed is a proven set up by many here that I have bought from me.

im looking into mcgaughy's but ive heard good things about these as well.. still debating!

Do you have someone that's going to do the drop for you? I'm in California and I'm going to do my ss too with the 3/4 drop. I just don't know where to take it, I don't want anyone just to do it and treat it like a regular silverado.. Maybe if there's anyone out there that can recommend someone or shop that can do this work for us, that would be awesome.

First I need to get the drop kit from norcalss, with bearings and shocks. Just waiting on my tax check to arrive.

Yeah that truck really looks good with stock ss 20's.. That's making me do it now 100%.

i live in VA bro sorry im on the other side of the country but i do have someone that will do the install.. just like you im just waiting to pay these bills off, **** the old lady right and order them without having any testicles removed haha

im looking into mcgaughy's but ive heard good things about these as well.. still debating!

i live in VA bro sorry im on the other side of the country but i do have someone that will do the install.. just like you im just waiting to pay these bills off, **** the old lady right and order them without having any testicles removed haha

DJMs arms are adjustable 2-3 plus no loss turning radius plus new balljoints and new inner bushings so better way to go period.

DJMs arms are adjustable 2-3 plus no loss turning radius plus new balljoints and new inner bushings so better way to go period.

i think i might try them out bro

Do you have someone that's going to do the drop for you? I'm in California and I'm going to do my ss too with the 3/4 drop. I just don't know where to take it, I don't want anyone just to do it and treat it like a regular silverado.. Maybe if there's anyone out there that can recommend someone or shop that can do this work for us, that would be awesome.

First I need to get the drop kit from norcalss, with bearings and shocks. Just waiting on my tax check to arrive.

Yeah that truck really looks good with stock ss 20's.. That's making me do it now 100%.

I had my tuck dropped here: http://www.ss-motorsports.com/Ask for Steve. USABODYGUARD has also used this shop.

I had my tuck dropped here: http://www.ss-motorsports.com/Ask for Steve. USABODYGUARD has also used this shop.

Wowsers that place looks like they'll charge a ton, thanks for the info provided. I will call him tomorrow.

I stopped by some other shops and they tell me I have to buy their lowering kit, or they won't install it..

Wowsers that place looks like they'll charge a ton, thanks for the info provided. I will call him tomorrow.

I stopped by some other shops and they tell me I have to buy their lowering kit, or they won't install it..

wow hopefully they set you up right.

Thanks for the info, called Steve and he said it would cost me about $1,100, which is not bad.

The only confusion is he doesn't use djm he uses McGaughys, he said it's better and I mentioned about the control arms he said, the reason he doesn't use them is cause they ride like s???. He uses spindles.

He said trust me, can anyone give me more feedback on the difference or is it just preference?

Thanks,

Thanks for the info, called Steve and he said it would cost me about $1,100, which is not bad.

The only confusion is he doesn't use djm he uses McGaughys, he said it's better and I mentioned about the control arms he said, the reason he doesn't use them is cause they ride like s???. He uses spindles.

He said trust me, can anyone give me more feedback on the difference or is it just preference?

Thanks,

i have heard that as well.. everyone says mcgaughys and they do spindles..smoother ride

Does anyone have any pics or know of a thread on here that has pics of both lowering set up's on stock 20" sss wheels? I would like to see the stance before I purchase

Sorry I guess I took over your thread without knowing. Just wondering what set up you ended up with and how you like it.

I was 100% sure of which way to go, but after all these I'm back from scratch..

My apologies.

Thanks,

lol hahah ive been lowering sss over 13 years now and yah i wouldnt touch those spindles or shocks.

like i said the 3/4 kit with sp shocks ive been selling to members on this site for years now. NO issues and no loss of turning radius like with spindles. Also you get new balljoints and new bushings for the lower a arms in front.

btw was 1100 with shocks or without?

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

lol hahah ive been lowering sss over 13 years now and yah i wouldnt touch those spindles or shocks.

like i said the 3/4 kit with sp shocks ive been selling to members on this site for years now. NO issues and no loss of turning radius like with spindles. Also you get new balljoints and new bushings for the lower a arms in front.

btw was 1100 with shocks or without?

That included shocks and installation, I did confirm that and of course I couldn't confirm about the bearing, because he wasn't installing control arms.

Also, do you sale magnaflow exhaust for this truck?, is so does it add horse power to the truck or just the noise?

I did read some negative stuff about spindles and same goes to control arms.

What's the entire package cost for my drop? Please include bearings and ball joints and bushings.

Thanks tony, the only good thing about this is our same name..lol

Edited by Grumpytony (see edit history)