Hey Guys, How about this cam?!?

BeefTip

How well would this cam work in the LQ9 with a set of longtubes and a 3000 stall? 218/222 .567/.574 113 +3 Comp XE. I dont want to loose too much down low so i thought the stall would help but i dont really want to spin much over 6k eithe(i guess im dreaming). Also, how would this idle, i dont mind a slight lope but i really dont want anything to bad that can be smoothed out some with the raising of idle rpm. Im not familiar with lsa's that have a +# with them like this one has a +3. Any help is appreciated!!! :driving:

Thanks for the replies! I have found two other cams that look good as well and are just slightly smaller. The one i listed above i can get a really good deal on. The other two are listed for the ls1 but i assume they are fine in the 6.0. The first is 216/220 .525/.532 on 114(1300-6300 in ls1) or 218/224 .527/.534 on 114(1600-6500). These cams look smaller than the one i first listed and the seem to love to spin up high. The first cam i listed is such a good deal though. the 218/224 on 114 i just listed seem like it would work well in a 6.0, i would think that it would top out at around 6300 or so which is really as high as i would like to go with the stock bottom end, ( im really not sure how high it likes to go). However, i did take my 97 z28(lt1) to 64-6500 often and it had over 100k on it. :banghead:

I love my 210/218 .530/.530 on a 112. Power starts at 2K, and you don't need to rev much over 6K. I don't like to have to rev to make power, so this powerband works out great.

I had a 220/220 .550/.550 112, and it only made 'good' power in the higher midrange and up top. It lost a fair amount down low. It was pretty noticeable on the stock converter, especially when locked up on OD and on the highway. I shifted at 6200 for a bit, and it still seemed to want more. That's too high for me.

All of my gains are just 'seat of the pants' testing, unfortunately... It's a VHP "047" cam - http://www.vincihiperformance.com I got it through them...

If you check out this thread - at the end he has gains listed with the 047's bigger brother - the one on the .550/.550 lobes.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226448

I agree on the lift - if you can get the same durations with higher lift, I'd go for it... This .550" version wasn't available when I got my current stick.

I'm running a 218 XE cam on a 114 +2. Its just fine with my little 2600 stall. I think your first choice would be good if you have a 3000 stall and a way to get it custom tuned. I shift at 6250. I personally wouldn't mess with one of the lower lift comp cams at this point.

The + part of the LSA you are seeing is the number of degrees advance pre-ground into the cam. Our motors don't have adjustable timing chains, so the cam manufacturers grind a little advance in most of them. If you see +4, then its 4* advanced. If you see -2, then its retarded 2*.

good luck -

Richard

Well i finally decided to go with the first one I mentioned( 218/222 .567/.574 113 +3 Comp XE.)  Im curious to see how it is going to work out. It will be a while though, still waiting on other parts and the remainder of the factory warranty.

i think that cam with a 3000 stall is going to kick butt, i can't wait to hear how it turns out. :thumbs:

Archived