Truck consuming oil and spraying out dipstick

So my truck just recently started consuming oil and spraying out the dipstick? I did some research and figured it was a bad PCV valve, but both part stores I went to say my truck doesn't have one? Is it different on an 05? I pulled the vacuum line off from the intake to back of driver side valve cover, and tried to pull the barbed fitting of the valve cover (the part I thought was the pcv valve) but it doesn't seem to wanna budge its like its just part of the valve cover.

Any ideas? Thanks.

The fourth comment down in this post, the guy says that the PCV is built into the valve cover and not replaceable.

In the second linked discussion there's a guy talking about cleaning his PCV out with carb cleaner. The guy in the second link had oil coming out of his dip stick tube also.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/128805-oil-in-intake-manifold/

http://www.silveradosierra.com/engine/how-to-fix-pcv-problem-on-silverado-t21123.html

Good luck. :cheers:

371bd9b8eff2dd059c7c86a744b352da.jpg

Maybe a 05 is different but this is what we pull off of my 03... It wasn't actually built into the line now that I think about but it plugs directly into the valve cover... One way valve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fourth comment down in this post, the guy says that the PCV is built into the valve cover and not replaceable.

In the second linked discussion there's a guy talking about cleaning his PCV out with carb cleaner. The guy in the second link had oil coming out of his dip stick tube also.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/128805-oil-in-intake-manifold/

http://www.silveradosierra.com/engine/how-to-fix-pcv-problem-on-silverado-t21123.html

Good luck. :cheers:

I think mine must be built into the valve cover because there is nothing in-line, I will try cleaning it out like discussed in the second link.

Thanks a bunch guys!!

Pulled off the valve cover today and cleaned out the fitting, wasn't totally blocked off but flows better now after some carb cleaner and shop air. Will drive it tomorrow, hopefully it did the trick, stay tuned for updates.

well bad news, drove her today and its still having all the symptoms as before. I'm at a loss as to where to check next, I really don't wanna do a compression test because the procharger makes it a major pain in the ass, but I guess I will just have to man up and get my hands a bit dirty. I am just really doubting its the rings because the truck isnt down on power at all and I just had the heads off and all the cylinders where in good shape.

Did you check to make sure that the hose connected to the PCV valve was clear?

I guess that if that hose was bad, (not getting enough vacuum to the PCV), You would know it with rough running. (Thinking vacuum leak from a split hose).

Maybe it is blow-by. Somethings got to be making pressure in the crankcase.

My wife's car had the exact same issue. Tons of crank case pressure would come out of the dipstick tube and the oil fill cap. The only fix was to replace the valve cover as her PCV was also built in. Once done, problem was solved.

My wife's car had the exact same issue. Tons of crank case pressure would come out of the dipstick tube and the oil fill cap. The only fix was to replace the valve cover as her PCV was also built in. Once done, problem was solved.

good to see you back brother

• 2 weeks later...

The driver side valve cover on the SS's don't have a pcv valve stock. The earlier one's had a fixed orifice valve which actually had no valve in it at all and the newer valve covers basically have that built into the valve cover. Since backfires are a thing of the past the need for a valve wasn't there anymore and the fixed orifice pcv became the way to go for a consistant amount of air coming in for the idle circuit. If boosted you need to make some changes. If you have the type with the removable piece simply order a pcv valve for a 2000 or so camaro and install it in place of the fixed orifice piece. Once in boost the valve will close and not allow boost into the crankcase where as stock it would just take boost from the intake and fill it up until it pushed the valve cover out. If you have a valve cover with the fixed piece you need to either add in an inline pcv valve (many are available) or replace the valve cover for a type to install a normal valve into. Make sure to check the passenger side also. The hose from the passenger side valve cover should go to the air intake side of the supercharger and not to the throttle body or intake manifold. Left stock this will also quickly fill the crankcase with pressure.

• 2 weeks later...

The driver side valve cover on the SS's don't have a pcv valve stock. The earlier one's had a fixed orifice valve which actually had no valve in it at all and the newer valve covers basically have that built into the valve cover. Since backfires are a thing of the past the need for a valve wasn't there anymore and the fixed orifice pcv became the way to go for a consistant amount of air coming in for the idle circuit. If boosted you need to make some changes. If you have the type with the removable piece simply order a pcv valve for a 2000 or so camaro and install it in place of the fixed orifice piece. Once in boost the valve will close and not allow boost into the crankcase where as stock it would just take boost from the intake and fill it up until it pushed the valve cover out. If you have a valve cover with the fixed piece you need to either add in an inline pcv valve (many are available) or replace the valve cover for a type to install a normal valve into. Make sure to check the passenger side also. The hose from the passenger side valve cover should go to the air intake side of the supercharger and not to the throttle body or intake manifold. Left stock this will also quickly fill the crankcase with pressure.

A big 10 points to Zippy for some valuable info. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: