Valve body tick

I have a 2003 Silverado SS... 249k on the clock and she is starting to get a tick in the valve body somewhere. I'm not sure whether it is lifters or not, but are there any solutions to get lifter tick to stop? Figure i should try the cheaper route before i replace anything.

Thanks in advance!

Might be a lifter. By valve body, I'm guessing you are meaning something else besides the valve body that is in the transmission...?

Have you seafoamed it? A lot of people run half a can through the pcv system, then dump the other half into the crank case. Go run it hard on the highway, after about 100 miles change the oil. Also, do you run full synthetic oil?

Well that just sounds shady.

From what i have read, they put in one quart of trans fluid with the other five quarts and run it hard for 100 miles and then change the oil... the detergents in the ATF help to clean out the lifters...

Still cautious to try this because it just doesn't seem right!

From what i have read, they put in one quart of trans fluid with the other five quarts and run it hard for 100 miles and then change the oil... the detergents in the ATF help to clean out the lifters...

Still cautious to try this because it just doesn't seem right!

My guess is that the Seafoam should have done as much as trans fluid would. I would give the Seafoam another shot before trying the trans fluid, unless I can find some solid documentation on the tranny fluid trick.

Well, I may have spoken too soon. I did a quick google and found a lot of folks suggesting Marvel Mystery Oil, but a few raves about trans fluid also.

Check some of these out;

http://forums.aaca.org/topic/58447-atf-to-cure-noisy-valve-lifter/

Here's my google search,

https://www.google.com/search?q=transmission+fluid+in+crankcase+to+free+up+valve+lifters&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8