jddmj's 1993 Chevrolet Silverado Indy500 Pace Truck Build

jddmj

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty to say the least. Working on it as I can, and I about have the seats cleaned up. The tuff stuff mixed with what ever was in the seat, and its sort of gummed the seats up. I got to get the brakes fixed, and give it a tune up, change the tires out. Then I should be able to start driving it a little. I just can't wait to get it lower to the ground. It feels like it has a lift kit compared to my 06.

Yeah its a nice looking truck... I have used tough stuff many times.... I can almost smell its pleasant clean odor... LOL!

Picked up a new billet shifter online earlier today, got a can of seafoam going through it, and changed out the filter. Prolly not much gain, but it looks good. I plan on sanding the pan down, and repainting it. The stock 350 seems stout.

20150918_192159_zpsv2jn0cfp.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

Throw in a throttle body spacer. I did on my old 88 and what a difference also cut the cat out and put in a high flow one!!

I miss my 88. My father bought the truck brand new when I was 7 yrs old. Loved that truck

Edited by NoMoreSS (see edit history)

After a new piece of line, and caliper, it seems to be halfway road worthy. Now to get the back two tires changed over, and start driving it a little.

Next on my list is new plugs, wires, distributor cap, and a rotary button. The plugs and wires will be AC Delco no doubt. Not decided on the cap and button just yet. Then to start looking for a few LOOk GOOD goodies. Thinking red LED tail lights, and some Crystal glass headlights maybe in the future. Then some drop goodies.

Cool project. I'll always have a place in my heart for the 88-98 GM fullsize trucks, which I think are the very best ones they ever made other than 60-66. :)

Always preferred the older interior, with 93-94 being the best years of it, especially gray cloth. The Indy truck using the diesel bumper is a nice touch, as are the 454SS/Sport package side mirrors, grille, air dam w/fogs, and wheels.

Richard

Cool project. I'll always have a place in my heart for the 88-98 GM fullsize trucks, which I think are the very best ones they ever made other than 60-66. :)

Always preferred the older interior, with 93-94 being the best years of it, especially gray cloth. The Indy truck using the diesel bumper is a nice touch, as are the 454SS/Sport package side mirrors, grille, air dam w/fogs, and wheels.

Richard

I have come up on some of your builds online, which I feel turned out nice. I'm shooting you a PM.

Got some time today, and got a tune up done on the pace truck. Since the wires was burned from the previous owner letting them set on the manifold, and rusted to the distributor cap, The plugs being solid black on the inside, and the cap looked like it had seen better days, I think she appreciates the pampering. I went with all ac delco plugs and plug wires. And for the distributor cap and button, I went with the accel kit. A friend of mine recommended the, because of the points being brass, unlike the ac delco. Topped everything off with a fresh oil change, which was well over due. I have seen black spray paint that was a lighter color than that oil was. The miss in the engine is now gone, and she is purring like a kitten.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by jddmj (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

Actually been in the process of rewiring the stereo. Seems to have some shorts somewhere, so I just went ahead with a rewire. Installed a Pioneer single din in the cassette tape player spot. Other than that, Christmas is getting my money lol

• 4 weeks later...