NV149 Rebuild - Output Shaft Play

It cost me roughly 1200$... To rebuild... I asked them why in the hell they didn't just buy a new unit! They go for 1395 or so... So far it's holding up and I beat on this thing daily pushing 12#s of boost[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear that you got it done. I've heard that there is a special tool to deal with that snap ring. Did you do it with regular snap ring pliers? (I've heard it's do-able with regular ones).

You replaced the tail shaft case? If so; Where did you get the new one?

Sorry about the Delay!!!

Anyways, i got it out with some long nose irwin pliers from Lowes. It was a huge pain!

As for getting it back in, i cut a piece of wood to the size of the hole. Use the handle of a harbor freight dead blow hammer to spread the ring as it was the perfect size. Slid it over as i pushed the ring onto the wood. Then slid everything together and pulled the wood out. If i had to do it again, i would make some sort of tool out of steal to slide in with groves to hold the ring better.

I did replace the case. I bought it on ebay from "drivetrainlasvegas" Seems like great quality piece for a great price. Would buy it again.

Give or take how much does this rebuild cost?

My chain gave out on me and im looking to rebuild, just trying to gather some more info. I called around and everyone quoted me around a grand.

Also how do these part numbers work??

Half case was 150

Bearing Seal kit was 80

Chain was about 80

Sorry about the Delay!!!

Anyways, i got it out with some long nose irwin pliers from Lowes. It was a huge pain!

As for getting it back in, i cut a piece of wood to the size of the hole. Use the handle of a harbor freight dead blow hammer to spread the ring as it was the perfect size. Slid it over as i pushed the ring onto the wood. Then slid everything together and pulled the wood out. If i had to do it again, i would make some sort of tool out of steal to slide in with groves to hold the ring better.

I did replace the case. I bought it on ebay from "drivetrainlasvegas" Seems like great quality piece for a great price. Would buy it again.

Half case was 150

Bearing Seal kit was 80

Chain was about 80

Sounds like a project. Thanks for the link to the ebay seller. :thumbsup: