2006 Silverado Intimidator SS resurrection

someotherguy

Looks good..... Curious what has to be reworked in the door for the esky door handles? I thought they were a bolt on?

Thanks...and the rework *might* be due to a misunderstanding on part #'s. When I look up the driver's front door handle for the Escalade, and order that part #, what shows up looks like possibly a rear door handle? (Don't know since I don't have a 4 door to compare parts to.) The mounting stud towards the rear of the handle is 1/2" or so lower, so it doesn't meet the tab on the door skin. It also has a different crank on the back where the handle linkage goes down to the latch; it's way longer. So, the crank gets swapped over from the old handle, and the body man moved the tab down for the stud.

I went with this particular handle for three reasons. One it's OEM, two it has the chrome grab which I think looks nice on the black bezel, and three - no keyhole. Before I picked Escalade handles I had searched for the plain smooth handle with no keyhole (and no chrome grab) but as far as I can tell, GM has discontinued it, and I didn't want an aftermarket.

19150499 I believe is the correct part number for the smooth tailgate handle bezel. Nice work too!

That is the correct part # for a black painted tailgate handle bezel, even including when looked up using an SS VIN, but AFAIK the factory bezel is textured (so is the handle.)

Richard

• 2 weeks later...