2006 Silverado Intimidator SS resurrection

someotherguy

Just an update, those "Partsam" DRL LED's, and the "Alla Lighting" flashing 3rd brake LED's, crapped out in about a year's use.  In fairness, I was doing a lot of daytime driving so the DRL's were running a lot in the Texas heat, and lots of heavy traffic, so those 3rd brake LED's were on a lot.  It just confirms my attitude that while I love LED's, they do not last as long as we think they should.  The individual LED devices don't really fail (unless they take a voltage spike), but the assemblies fail.  They get hot, and solder joints come un-done, and it's not like you can fix 'em.

The DRL's were cheap enough (like $12 for the pair) so I just bought another set.  For the 3rd brake LED's I just put some plain non-blinking red LED's in there that I had sitting around from something else.

Anyway, thought I'd mention it in case anybody else was planning to buy these based off my previous posts.  Oh, the Autolumination projector LED's in the taillights have been going strong for years...so at least there's that!

Richard