Bed Prep Needed for BedRug Install?

I did wash mine before installation, but in the instrucitons, it tells you to wipe the bed down with a prep cleaner (often used in body shops - most good auto part stores will have it - we use either 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner or Kent Acryl-Solv - both good products) and then wipe the bed down with alcohol (where the velcro pads will adhere. I have since installed about 5 bed rugs, and it can easily be installed in about 1/2 hour.

P.S. - I advise that as soon as you get it, zip the sides on it and let it set and relax for a little white, the ones that I have installed went better when I did and not just take it out of the box and throw it in - hope that helpes!

Rob

I did wash mine before installation, but in the instrucitons, it tells you to wipe the bed down with a prep cleaner (often used in body shops - most good auto part stores will have it - we use either 3M General Purpose Adhesive Cleaner or Kent Acryl-Solv - both good products) and then wipe the bed down with alcohol (where the velcro pads will adhere.  I have since installed about 5 bed rugs, and it can easily be installed in about 1/2 hour. 

P.S. - I advise that as soon as you get it, zip the sides on it and let it set and relax for a little white, the ones that I have installed went better when I did and not just take it out of the box and throw it in - hope that helpes!

Rob

Thanks for the tips, guys. The one that I bought was used for about a month, so it should have relaxed a bit. I think that I got a pretty good deal on it.

Here are some pictures of my BedRug being installed. They guy plopped it in the bed and then went back and put on the velcro (cleaning the area first, as mentioned above). He put the velcro bits on the BedRug and went back and peeled off the backing as he went, that made alignment easy.

The BedRug is a great product, you are going to like it.

bedrug3.JPG

bedrug4.JPG

bedrug5.JPG

Archived