Silverado SS 10.28 1/4 mile

Black6spdz

I made this pass almost 2 months ago, however as some know my truck started on fire on the way home from the track. The front seal somehow pushed out of the trans and put fluid all over the crossover and downpipe which immediately started on fire. This was the first time the truck was at the track with drag radials and a 2 step. First pass the truck went 10.4x on a few lbs less boost than I normally run. Second pass the truck went 10.35 with just a couple hundred rpm added to the 2 step. Third pass I added a couple hundred more rpm to the 2 step and added a couple pounds of boost, the truck spun just a touch but went a 1.58 60ft however on the 1-2 shift the trans slipped terribly but i stayed in it and managed a 10.28 pass with its slowest mph of the day at 134mph. The truck went 137 earlier in the day with less boost and I am certain with some more seat time and a good trans the truck would have had a high 9 sec pass at 140. I was able to salvage some of the parts from the truck which went on my daily sierra and have now moved onto another platform for a project. Here are a couple videos from that day, sorry it looks like it was filmed with a potato. Also I do not have the slips from this day but have them all documented up to it.

They were in the truck, yes it was totaled it burned for 20 minutes before the fire dept. showed up, I was on a country 2 lane road unfortunately.

Wow, that's horrible! So the fire started from the transmission underneath the truck while you were driving home? What kind of fuel were you running?

The front seal somehow pushed out of the trans and put fluid all over the crossover and downpipe which immediately started on fire. it burned for 20 minutes before the fire dept. showed up

Just curious if the fire started here ^^^

or under the hood like you said here vv

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/88401-transfer-case-for-4l80e/

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Thanks guys, I too will always have an extinguisher now. When tearing the truck apart i found that the front seal was pushed out of the case completely and that is where it originated. The flames were coming up the passenger side on the downpipe by the firewall when I initially opened the hood. The truck was on E85. I purchased a CTS V in July of this year as a new project and planned on returning the SS to more of a driver on pump gas.