FS: Stoptech 15" 6 Piston Front Kits

NipRing

f550cc0f790994f373c93a9befe75845.jpg18d98b1fcb0a7c403e95afc85f11fd31.jpg

I bought two brand new complete 15" front big brake kits from stoptech. It comes with everything you see in these pictures. ST60 six piston calipers, 15" two piece rotors, stainless lines, mounting brackets, pads, and shims. What's in these pictures is going on my 03 SSS next week. I will take and post plenty of pics when I do it. The second kit isn't even opened yet. Retail is $3400, cheapest I can find this kit online is $2500. I'm asking $1900 firm, shipping is free and none of that PayPal fee BS either. I can get as many of these same front kits as I want. No group buy needed.
If you're interested just PM me.
The kit number is 83.182.6800.71
StopTech Big Brake Kits 83.182.6800.71 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

I also have the rear kits but the axle play has to be eliminated as these are not floating calipers. It takes a couple hours of your time and about $20 in parts. $1800 for the complete rear kit.

both kits $3600 shipped to your door.

Edited by NipRing (see edit history)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't want to say anything right away but....24bb72487acabfce25b96974c8ed860f.jpg84193d52e1b733e571cd6e203a771139.jpg07c8a51a247edaa6643eadd89813e7ec.jpg

That a rear kit for the Tahoe. They told me it's not for silverados. But it bolts right up. I'm testing them out this week. 15" with 4 piston calipers

If they feel fine, I'm gonna offer a front rear complete kit...

How would these compare to the Z06 brakes?

Also you say you can get as many as needed, meaning if I don't get this specific pair, you can get me another in the future, for same price?

There is no comparison.. The Z06 Brakes are PBR calipers that use a multi-pad design in conjunction with alignment pins. (yes there are one piece pads available, ill get to this)

There are several issues with the Z06 caliper, having owned these on a corvette I speak from first hand experience.

1. They taper pads badly, even when using a one piece pad.

2. The alignment pins seize into the caliper and are expensive to replace.

3. The caliper just is not nearly ridged enough.

Mounting position and rotor hub/offset appears to be the same. If GMT900 stock brakes bolt onto the GMT800 these would be backwards compatible as well. Stoptech is very tight with the differences between their kits and they don't really like to give up the details.

If we can find a GMT900 truck locally to install a set on we will give them deal on the kit to confirm it as well as assist with and document the installation. One thing not mentioned above is that we can get the rears as well and can offer a COMPLETE front and rear package for a price to low for me to even mention.

We made a deal with Stoptech when we were at PRI this year to offer these to the truck community at a steal. You will NEVER find them cheaper.

So in other words, id need to speak to you as far as getting a hold of these?

Sounds like steal to me considering, it has everything you need.

Another question, ill be in the market for a big break setup pretty soon, meaning im in the process of finding a drag/street wheel setup, what would be the smallest size wheel these would fit?

I buy these direct from Stoptech. As of right now there are 20 kits available for purchase. However I don't know how long they'll be able to keep selling them to me at this price.

BTW, black is an option as well if anyone is interested.

So in other words, id need to speak to you as far as getting a hold of these?

Sounds like steal to me considering, it has everything you need.

Another question, ill be in the market for a big break setup pretty soon, meaning im in the process of finding a drag/street wheel setup, what would be the smallest size wheel these would fit?

I would not try to run this setup on anything smaller than a 20" wheel to be sure it clears.. I know that this caliper with a 14" rotor will clear a 18" on a corvette setup by just a hair but with the 15" rotor I would not try anything smaller than a 20".

Jesus Christ!

Thank you btw fellas.

Also, NipRing, give us some insight on how these feel?

How much of a difference have they made now that you've got both front and rear.

We installed the front and rear at the same time on his truck, just the other day. They are amazing in terms of stopping power and looks. I will let him elaborate.