Need help with LED Front Turn Signal Lamps

I cut pin 7 it slowed the flash down I only had Rear LEDs  when i switched the fronts to LED it would not flash at all, just one click and no ilumination, when i switch the front back to incandecent bulbs everything works fine again, i also tried flipping,the led around and,no change any ideas, 

also what does the u60438 pin in the picture do? do i need to cut that too?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U60438 is the part # to the chip itself, not indicating any leg of it to cut.  The only one you wanted to cut was the #7 pin that you already did.

Weird symptom.. what if you swap the arrangement around?  Incandescent out back, LED up front?  I guess the only thing I would really caution you against here is not to remove/reinstall the LED's too many times as a lot of them seem kind of weak where the leads go up into the assembly, that's where I've seen more than a few break off.

Are you 100% sure you got the correct part # on the LED's.. should be 3057/3157 style (dual function) front and rear.

Richard

• 3 months later...
On 1/31/2016 at 9:47 PM, bassmaster said:

Before I sold my Flasher I took a video of the flash speed with the stock flasher w/ pin cut (what I run) vs the aftermarket led Flasher

stock modded flasher:

[video=youtube;2Dl6JciEv4o]

LED flasher:

[video=youtube;XJXpe1ciQfY]

LED flasher is slower, closest to stock speed. But as you see the modded one isn't terrible for being free. You Clip the #7 pin on the inside, bottom left of the board. If I can find the pic I'll post

Edit:

14678157f4d141a55fe4d3861d034109.jpg

image.thumb.png.f078e781202625aad3beb536731a2f66.png