It happened...

elijah

I gotta ask, What caused the blowout? Sidewall rot?

That's an impressive blowout.

To be honest I have no clue I was on the fwy on my way to work then I heard it, got bad I think because I had to drive my a$$ off the road.

Toyo ST II's

Don't cheap out. Michelin defender ltx. Expensive but worth their weight.

Nitto 420s ive had mine for about 5 years know and there showing little wear!! Great tires!

Definetly going to be looking into all of these

Edited by Oldhabbit (see edit history)

To be honest I have no clue I was on the fwy on my way to work then I heard it, got bad I think because I had to drive my a$$ off the road

I will definetly check all these options out

Whatever you do don't put on a set of goodyears like came with these trucks stock. What a POS tire.

I had to replace my goodyears at 18K miles. My Toyo Proxes ST's lasted about 60k miles. They handles great, they were quiet and lasted a long time. And what I have been told is that the ST II's are even better

Interesting. I had a sidewall blowout on one of my LS2's too a few months back on the fwy. Less than 1 year old. Tires were properly inflated.

I was stuck on a trip and only had a Walmart near by. They were the only ones open at 7am. They only had 2 types in stock so I was limited. I think I went with the General Graber. Been a while, I have to look.

I have Nexxen on my other truck and they Suck.

To be honest I have no clue I was on the fwy on my way to work then I heard it, got bad I think because I had to drive my a$$ off the road.

Definetly going to be looking into all of these

My GF had a top of the line Michelin de-laminate and blowout @ 2 months old. Michelin is also a stickler for demanding documented regular rotation / balancing or will void their high mileage warranty. Not saying they are bad tires, just saying.

I used to have the nitto 420s, but nitto discounted "SOME" of the 420s tires sizes.The 420s are great tire. I had to get the nitto 421Q, these tire are badass! The all around profomance on these tires are better than the 420s.The 421Q may not look as cool has the 420s but!! its an all season tire.Plus a 75,000 mile warranty. Check them out http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/nt421q-premier-all-season-crossover-suv-tire/

Don't understand how so many people think the NT420's look "cool" lol.

I guess they perform well, or maybe its just me being salty, but I hate everything about them specially the thread pattern.

I have Nt555, and I personally love em, plus they've got a pretty cool pattern if that's what youre looking for lol.