Much respect and thanks to Zippy

Devilized

Can't say enough about Mike, what a stand up guy.Lots of knowledge, lightning fast response and great deals. Finally getting serious on the SS now that I'm done with the Cadillac build and Zippy is my go to guy.Starting from the ground up to get a solid platform to build on. Just need my Nor Cal ultimate suspension kit then it's time to sit down with Zippy and start making plans for the 408 build. Any input from you guys who have a build sheet on parts used on your 408 would be great while keeping spray in mind. Trying to stay within reason on the dollar bills but like my self and many of you know. Trying to hold a budget never works, yeah it looks great on paper but once your balls deep that paper goes right out the window. Open ended budget but looking to stay around 10k. Just looking for a solid street truck across the power band. Capable of some serious spirited canyon carving while shocking some exotics on the streets here in the So Cal area. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

You've made a wise choice with Zippy, grasshopper. My thought would be to not get mired down reading multiple posts of other peoples build ideas but rather just go with Zippy's recommendations from the start. (But I am easily sidetracked and confused).

I look forward to reading about your build.

:pop:

Thanks for the response, based of what he has done he is a great brain to pick. That's just part of the battle, the most important part which I have learned in the past is finding a good machine shop that can hold a tolerance. Other than that part choice is critical for the lifespan of this build. The best part is getting box after box showing up at the door. Can't wait to get it moving.

Thanks for the response, based of what he has done he is a great brain to pick. That's just part of the battle, the most important part which I have learned in the past is finding a good machine shop that can hold a tolerance. Other than that part choice is critical for the lifespan of this build. The best part is getting box after box showing up at the door. Can't wait to get it moving.

I know what you mean. When the parts start showing up it's like Christmas every morning. :jester:

You and me both fast brick. What I'm up against is the damn CA smog police. Always been Naturally Aspirated on every car I've owned and built minus a bottle here and there So I'm hesitant on forced induction which is why I'm leaning towards the 408 stroker but not sure on my limits due to The smog police. So I'm still trying to do the math on best bang (HP) for my buck.