WTB: front exhaust hanger

eberhama

Looking for the front exhaust hanger for an SS. Its the one that mounts on the side of the tranny and has two holes to support the cats. I think it can come off any SS or half ton GMT-800 that had a 6.0L.

Its the one on the bottom right of the picture. Hangs off the side of the tranny and goes over the tranny crossmember to catch the 2 cat mounts. Maybe its and AWD only thing? (Pic stolen from google)

post-23990-0-14813500-1454010803_thumb.jpg

Its the one on the bottom right of the picture. Hangs off the side of the tranny and goes over the tranny crossmember to catch the 2 cat mounts. Maybe its and AWD only thing? (Pic stolen from google)

No, it was on 2WD models as well.

I won't be able to get to it until this weekend but I can get you a picture of one from one of my truck. It mounts on the Passenger side of the trans with 2 bolts and catches the end of the catalytic converter pipes on the true dual exhaust on these trucks.

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

I looked it up online and found you a parts break down. As mentioned it mounts to the passenger side of the trans with 2 bolts. It catches the hangers on each of the Catalytic Converters. Hope this helps.

post-18107-0-30516600-1454047574_thumb.jpg

post-18107-0-36794100-1454049089_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

That's crazy I have a 2006 ISS 2WD and have never seen that mount, lol. I guess the first owner removed it.

Are you sure it's not there? If the Trans was ever removed or replaced it's possible they did not reinstall it.

They are right in the way and a pain in the ass for removing transmission.

I'm guessing it went in the iron bin when the P/o installed the chickensh*t dual exhaust. Any chance you'd part with that one?

I could, I would need to look and see if i have the 2 bolts that hold it to the transmission.

I will need to find a box that will hold it too.

How's $50 Shipped to your Door sound?