Tahoe sway bar...

Hideintire

I added a Tahoe rear sway bar to my SSS last week and was total surprised by the handling improvement! I didn't expect the noticeable improvement. My truck is 2-2 drop with spindles and hangers...not the best choice, but what it came with, poly sway bar mounts up front on stock sway, Edelbrock IAS shocks, stock width rims and Goodyears. I welded a bracket on axle for sway and a bracket on frame for trailing arm. Factory Tahoe trailing arm length was just about perfect for my drop. Could not have been much easier... and the improvement was immediate. Just driving on a straight road, the feel was tighter. For an old guy the cornering perfect...curves that I worried about at 55...were a breeze at 65 in a flat, level, under-control truck! What a great CHEAP mod for anyone with welding capabilities...heck, I have read of folks doing it with muffler clamps on axle and bolting a bracket on frame! Well worth the time and little money expense!

Jimmy

I looked and couldn't find any info on the Tahoe rear bar swap. Every post on can find on the net seems to be over 6 years old with pictures that are no longer visible. Does anyone know if a Silverado was ever equipped with a factory rear bar? I thought I saw a post that said some half crews had a rear bar. It sounds interesting for sure.

Edited by EXGM (see edit history)

Sorry...do a Web search (Tahoe rear sway on Silverado and also, Suburban rear sway on Silverado)...there is an article on this forum from 2006 or so, but pictures are removed. There is one article on Performance Trucks with pictures and other places as well, if my old memory serves me correctly.

Took me 10mins to find a sway bar at a local salvage yard for $35 bucks me taking it out and cost $28 for a pro comp shock mount part number 690001 from autoplicity get a pair of 3" exhaust clamps locally and find some time in this warm weather we are having might have this in by next weekend for a cheap price total see how it works out.

I've never done a how to but it looks pretty easy I'll post some pictures and they should explain the how to I'll be learning as I go.

I'm guessing that the only people that might have a problem fitting these could be guys with exhaust running out past your rearend mine dumps out before my passenger rear tire so I don't have anything back there and my transmission cooler replaced my spare tire so that also isn't gonna be an issue for me like it would for others that are still storing there spare tire under the bed I'll know more info after attacking it just throwing that out there before guys go crazy ordering parts and climbing under there and get a surprise.

Sorry...do a Web search (Tahoe rear sway on Silverado and also, Suburban rear sway on Silverado)...there is an article on this forum from 2006 or so, but pictures are removed. There is one article on Performance Trucks with pictures and other places as well, if my old memory serves me correctly.

I found the articles what I need to see is pictures. I'm not going to hack something together if it looks like crap. Also I want a picture to see if visually it will clear the custom bent exhaust that is in my truck. No pint wasting time or money on something that won't work......

Hello EXGM,

I was offended by your reply. I own a precision industrial machine shop with ISO 9001 certification...we do not "hack" anything. We sell parts to Corning, General Electric, Schindler Elevators, IKA, etc. We ship parts all over the world! Our rejection rate is less than 1%!

Why would you make an assumption that because someone did not post pictures, that the finished product might look like "crap"...excuse my poor use of words. I posted this simply because I was so impressed with the results, I thought others might want to look into it for themselves! If I could dig up the info...being an older gentleman...why can't you spend a little time and dig up the information for yourself!

"As far as wasting your time"...Why would you begin any project without a clear understanding of what you were undertaking and well laid plans to complete that task? Life is to short!

I am sorry for posting this for others to see, but its time we started caring about others and their feelings.

Jimmy